• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

I’ve never been to Flamingo Land. It’s the only major theme park in England I am yet to cross off my list. Sorry if this has been asked before - But why is it so expensive?

I’ve spent the last three years in and out of Yorkshire and as neither me or my partner can drive, it was better value to STAY!? in Stoke and visit Waterworld via taxi and Alton Towers on the bus, or cheap trains for a day trip to BPB.

Is it a lack of accessibility to those that don’t drive issue or a general pricing issue?

I’ve never been to Flamingo Land. It’s the only major theme park in England I am yet to cross off my list. Sorry if this has been asked before - But why is it so expensive?

I’ve spent the last three years in and out of Yorkshire and as neither me or my partner can drive, it was better value to STAY!? in Stoke and visit Waterworld via taxi and Alton Towers on the bus, or cheap trains for a day trip to BPB.

Is it a lack of accessibility to those that don’t drive issue or a general pricing issue?

Is it expensive though? From what I recall last year day tickets were about £39 when booked online in advance, that’s pretty standard UK theme park pricing really, probably the same as what you’d pay at other parks. I think because Merlin always have BOGOF promotions as a very big part of their pricing strategy it can make other places seem expensive in comparison but Flamingo Land’s pre booked online price were broadly similar to day tickets at other similar parks. Maybe it just seemed more expensive to you because you were adding in the cost of trying to get there by public transport perhaps?

Is it expensive though? From what I recall last year day tickets were about £39 when booked online in advance, that’s pretty standard UK theme park pricing really, probably the same as what you’d pay at other parks. I think because Merlin always have BOGOF promotions as a very big part of their pricing strategy it can make other places seem expensive in comparison but Flamingo Land’s pre booked online price were broadly similar to day tickets at other similar parks. Maybe it just seemed more expensive to you because you were adding in the cost of trying to get there by public transport perhaps?
I think you are on the money with the public transport. On reflection, my gripe is probably with the train / bus companies

Certainly doesn’t help evey manor comapny I’ve worked for let you vet Merlin tickets for under £30.

No excuses now - advance train / bus / park tickets and I’ll have to go.

It's in the middle of nowhere that doesn't help. It's a poor quality park, with crap ops, but offers a decent number of creds. Last time I did it I combined it with Hull Fair and PortAventura but that was using a car and the now closed DSA airport. Certainly possible to get a train and/or bus to Hull but it's 2 hours from Malton.

It's in the middle of nowhere that doesn't help. It's a poor quality park, with crap ops, but offers a decent number of creds. Last time I did it I combined it with Hull Fair and PortAventura but that was using a car and the now closed DSA airport. Certainly possible to get a train and/or bus to Hull but it's 2 hours from Malton.

If you were insane enough to try and get there by public transport you are better with a train to Leeds then Coastliner bus that heads to Whitby. You wouldn’t get there particularly early.

Went in June, got the coastliner bus from York which drops you off 5 minutes away from the park. During the day the bus was hourly in each direction as well. So much better than trying to use public transport to get to Alton Towers.

Planet Offers do a half price family ticket offer at various times throughout the year so we got 4 tickets for £65.25 (including the 10% planet offers sign up discount). This works out a good deal even if there’s less than 4 people too!

I don’t think it’s particularly expensive. They have the zoo as well as a Theme park. I did check out the holiday prices though and I felt they were a bit pricey for what you got. Day entry tickets though I don’t think are too bad.

I don’t think it’s particularly expensive. They have the zoo as well as a Theme park. I did check out the holiday prices though and I felt they were a bit pricey for what you got. Day entry tickets though I don’t think are too bad.
Not sure if it applies in 2024 yet, presumably it will - you can also get a half price entry with various coaster club memberships (e.g. European Coaster Club and RCCGB both have this offer, it was just over £26 when I visited this year). At that price it's very reasonable if you're willing to overlook the slow operations (which, to be fair to the staff, seem mostly to be down to staffing levels e.g. on Kumali having one op to do the entire ride - meaning it's a 6 minute dispatch time)

Lost River Ride update coursey of Parkessent on YT;

- The lions have been temporarily moved next to the tigers as part of their enclosure under the LRR has been demolished.
- Appears to be new hardware sitting around.
- New speakers appear to have been installed around the ride (excellent addition if they're for music/ride audio).

Last edited:
This whole thing is such an odd project, I can't figure out what they're going for.

Hopefully whatever it is they're doing the lift will actually work properly in the future. Ideally they'd sort the chronic lack of capacity too but Mingo clearly don't care at all about that sort of thing.

This whole thing is such an odd project, I can't figure out what they're going for.

Hopefully whatever it is they're doing the lift will actually work properly in the future. Ideally they'd sort the chronic lack of capacity too but Mingo clearly don't care at all about that sort of thing.
It gets even stranger...

From Parkessent's latest construction update, the repainted boats can be seen;

1711711228608.png