• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Just be glad it the the Brighton Pier group. They'd remove all the large water slides and charge £1 a go to use the smaller ones

Hope they dont open slides up at different times of the day 🤣

Anyone know why it was named Alpamare

Hope they dont open slides up at different times of the day 🤣

Anyone know why it was named Alpamare
I don't think this will completely answer your question, but there are other Alpamare water parks with the same logo. I'm not sure what the connection is between them.

Dear god, of all the operators they could have considered. Just why?!

Unfortunately, there is no one else in the area, flamingo land have been desperate for something in Scarborough for a while.

With it being in scarbabos as well and, In an area well away from town. The big money men probably aren't interested.

I don't think this will completely answer your question, but there are other Alpamare water parks with the same logo. I'm not sure what the connection is between them.

Was it the same operators that opened the Scarb one then? Edit, looks like they were originally run by the same team as of the German site

Last edited:
Was it the same operators that opened the Scarb one then?
I'd love to know more about this as well. It looks like it might have been some kind of management contract, where one company owned it and another one operated it, maybe like what's happened with Merlin and Cadbury's World and The Sandcastle. But there's nothing particularly clear coming up from a quick Google search.

It is possible that the Alpa bit has a connection to the Alps mountains, considering that an Alpamare in Switzerland is billed as Switzerland's biggest water park. But that's just speculation. It'd be interesting to know more about the story behind this water park.

I'd love to know more about this as well. It looks like it might have been some kind of management contract, where one company owned it and another one operated it, maybe like what's happened with Merlin and Cadbury's World and The Sandcastle. But there's nothing particularly clear coming up from a quick Google search.

It is possible that the Alpa bit has a connection to the Alps mountains, considering that an Alpamare in Switzerland is billed as Switzerland's biggest water park. But that's just speculation. It'd be interesting to know more about the story behind this water park.

I found this