• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

The Busch Gardens of the UK.

Clapping Applause GIF

That’s an absolutely terrible name, I thought that they were just going to have some kind of sponsorship with Sik Silk (and name the coaster something like “Inversion sponsored by Sik Silk). That name is just laughable.

Inversion would have been a pretty bad name. Sik makes Inversion sound like one of the best coaster names ever thought of.

Terrible. It stinks of middle aged/older park executives thinking that they are going to be cool and "down with the kids".

I wonder if they were thinking of the (now pretty defunct) colloquialism "that's sick!". I can't imagine the reception from worldwide enthusiasts when they come across that on RCDB...! FlamingoLand have had a small penchant for odd names - Mumbo Jumbo & Flip Flop anyone?

Plus note: the water dummies look like they had a great time!

I wonder if they were thinking of the (now pretty defunct) colloquialism "that's sick!". I can't imagine the reception from worldwide enthusiasts when they come across that on RCDB...! FlamingoLand have had a small penchant for odd names - Mumbo Jumbo & Flip Flop anyone?

Plus note: the water dummies look like they had a great time!
I think to many visitors it'll just be "the 10 looper", especially as Mingo have referred to it as '10 inversion coaster". It's even marked on the park map as that.

Sik is not a sick name but rather a name that makes me feel sick, rubbish name. I thought they might've gone with something jubilee related, would have made perfect marketing sense, jubilee inversion anyone? That would have been a bad name but still sik is perhaps the worst coaster name I have ever seen, it's worst than Icon.