• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

SikSilk is a local company I think, and the owner of Flamingo Land is friends with it's owners.
I was thinking more along the lines of what arrangement FL and SikSilk have. Like, I wonder if it's just friends supporting friends, or there a business/funding relationship too.

Maybe who ever wrote the article doesn't believe the smiler holds the record fairly what with it having 2 lift hills. Whereas Colossus/Sik etc all get to 10 inversions with just the one lift hill.

The new ride, named "Sik", is an adrenaline-fuelled, white-knuckle roller coaster with a world record-equalling 10 inversions.

Have Flamingo land completed forgot that the Smiler beat the record 9 years ago.

Maybe who ever wrote the article doesn't believe the smiler holds the record fairly what with it having 2 lift hills. Whereas Colossus/Sik etc all get to 10 inversions with just the one lift hill.
Well to be fair, Sik Inversion does equal the previous world record (although it's not the only new-gen 10 inversion coaster to do so).

Is it just me who thinks SIK will be in the top 5 U.K. coasters. If it’s true about the waterfalls, water cannons and fog effects then it will certainly be even more exciting and very rare for the U.K. to have waterfalls these days. And also if the station is going to be this amazing night club with a party atmosphere the whole package is going to be great.

Nope, I've been thinking that since it was announced (but then again I'm unusually fond of Colossus). Just put in basic landscaping so it's not just on a concrete slab and it'd already be there or there abouts for me.

I've spoken to 2 non-enthusiasts (who do some parks) and they have told me that Sik is the worst name they've ever heard. I can't blame them.

If it rides well it has a chance of being UK top 10, if not top 5 for me. Smiler being 5th in my UK rankings has chance to lose out if this isn't awful

Is it just me who thinks SIK will be in the top 5 U.K. coasters. If it’s true about the waterfalls, water cannons and fog effects then it will certainly be even more exciting and very rare for the U.K. to have waterfalls these days. And also if the station is going to be this amazing night club with a party atmosphere the whole package is going to be great.
It will probably be in the top 10 UK coasters, I think top 5 might be pushing it a bit though.

According to the poster of this video, Flip Flop has reopened. Can anyone confirm?

When I was there on Thursday Navigator was open but Flip Flop was closed and was being tested throughout the day. I thought that it had perhaps already opened again because it wasn’t listed as Unavailable in the website like it normally is. There wasn’t any water in the pool around it.
d9132e9883acca77fb5b5b331a333673.jpg