• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

The biggest difference is what sort of business they after like from my house it’s 2 hours 38 mins without traffic to get to the park but only 1 hour 53 mins without traffic to get to Thorpe park and ride the same coaster. Even if I spend a whole weekend up there I could go to light water valley but down south could also go Chessington or Legoland.

I'm guessing it is just a publicity stunt to get people talking about the ride, the algorithm only cares about how many comments and reactions there are, not what they say. Although Flamingo Land could just clarify that they are talking about the number of inversions on a coaster with Lap Bars. Or they could fight back by reminding Towers that they tried to market Wicker Man as the world's first wooden coaster with fire effects.

I'm guessing it is just a publicity stunt to get people talking about the ride, the algorithm only cares about how many comments and reactions there are, not what they say. Although Flamingo Land could just clarify that they are talking about the number of inversions on a coaster with Lap Bars. Or they could fight back by reminding Towers that they tried to market Wicker Man as the world's first wooden coaster with fire effects.

I’m guessing it’s more a case that the social media team that posted it genuinely don’t really know what they are talking about. The people in charge of these kind of accounts probably aren’t enthusiasts, it’s only a few accounts such as Drayton’s that actually engage with comments about their particular rides and attractions, others are just very bland generic marketing posts. If they are saying that Sik is a world record equaling coaster then that’s because they probably think it is.

I’m guessing it’s more a case that the social media team that posted it genuinely don’t really know what they are talking about. The people in charge of these kind of accounts probably aren’t enthusiasts, it’s only a few accounts such as Drayton’s that actually engage with comments about their particular rides and attractions, others are just very bland generic marketing posts. If they are saying that Sik is a world record equaling coaster then that’s because they probably think it is.
Nah, it's deliberate, they also said it in the press release when revealing the name, this is a marketing strategy from the marketing team for the park, not just whoever is running the social media account today.
While it is technically true, just stating about the number of inversions while not clarifying that it is for a coaster with lap bars is obviously going to provoke a reaction from coaster fans and get people discussing the ride and the park.
If The Smiler were in a different country then someone who doesn't really know much about coasters could be forgiven for not knowing about it. But in this case they did it on purpose.

Last edited:
They've upped the price just for the coaster's opening day? Wow, pure greed right there.

I would like to ride this, but will not be rushing to Flamingo Land to do so.
I think it's perfectly reasonable to up the price on the coasters opening day and I'm not sure more parks don't do it. I won't rush to ride this but I really don't think it'll be a bad ride. In fact for a park like Flamingo Land it will be really good coaster and something that would be usually well out of there price range.

I have never heard of a park raising it's entrance fee for the opening of a new ride before, and I have been to a few.
Stinks of 'mingo rip off to me.

I have never heard of a park raising it's entrance fee for the opening of a new ride before, and I have been to a few.
Stinks of 'mingo rip off to me.
Oh I think it's a rip off but I'd have expected it from almost any park. I think if you asked most visitors to parks if they'd go on a rides opening day they'd say, that it would cost loads and there would be a massive queue, I think there's a general consensus that anything brand new is expensive.

Oh I think it's a rip off but I'd have expected it from almost any park. I think if you asked most visitors to parks if they'd go on a rides opening day they'd say, that it would cost loads and there would be a massive queue, I think there's a general consensus that anything brand new is expensive.
Why would you expect it from almost any park when it seems that no other park has ever done this?

In 2018 I went to Toverland on the day they opened 2 new themed areas and a B&M coaster. It cost the same to get in as it would any other day.