• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

When I was there on Thursday Navigator was open but Flip Flop was closed and was being tested throughout the day. I thought that it had perhaps already opened again because it wasn’t listed as Unavailable in the website like it normally is. There wasn’t any water in the pool around it.
d9132e9883acca77fb5b5b331a333673.jpg
There's no water in the pool in that video either. Maybe the water effects will return once the weather gets warmer?

Still hilarious that half the seats are missing on flip flop, it should be a full circle of seats!
Couple of points here:

1. Flip-flop as a name is possibly outdated. If we are to follow current naming conventions of 'cool' clothing, I prophesise that Flip-Flip will become 'Thong' in the next couple of years. Ya'll owe me a drink if this happens!

2. Not a full circle you say? This might have been intentional for social distancing reasons.

..I joke. I imagine maintenance/technical reasons have led to this rather awkward looking throughput decline! How very odd!

Yes it does.

By the way am I the only one here that finds that ride slightly terrifying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no way you'd get me on that, I haven't done one of those for a few years as they are genuinely terrifying and the wind in my face makes me feel really nauseous (Flip Flop also made me feel like that when I rode it a few years ago). I remember watching it on my last visit and was surprised that it kept going up and down the tower a few times.

This is the entrance to the ride plaza, and there's a space for a sign with that awful logo.

1655542471296.png

Source:

A few interesting points:

- On the path next to the quadruple barrel roll is a photo opportunity.

1655543215438.png

- The station cladding has been completed, featuring an interesting art design.

1655543269162.png

-The turnaround between the 9th and 10th inversions will feature fountains as the train goes past, like on Swarm at Thorpe.

1655543302393.png

- Main entrance, VIP entrance and exit with the logo (I hope access guests will be able to use the VIP entrance instead of clogging the exit).

1655543492142.png

- Staff have experienced the ride.

- Opening day is two weeks today!

Last edited: