• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Why would you expect it from almost any park when it seems that no other park has ever done this?

In 2018 I went to Toverland on the day they opened 2 new themed areas and a B&M coaster. It cost the same to get in as it would any other day.
'If I weren't an enthusiast I would expect it to cost more on the opening day of a ride' is what I should've said. I think it's natural to assume that on the opening day of a big new thing they'd charge more. I know they don't usually and I agree it's greedy and wrong, however I think it's just a natural assumption.

Also a more independent park, operational costs will rise by at-least£1000+ A day with ride staff, engineers may not change but u never know if they have hired an extra engineer, electricity, wear and tear replacements etc.

So they may well see it as a need in the current climate to need to cover this cost

Also a more independent park, operational costs will rise by at-least£1000+ A day with ride staff, engineers may not change but u never know if they have hired an extra engineer, electricity, wear and tear replacements etc.

So they may well see it as a need in the current climate to need to cover this cost
I have no issue with a park increasing their entry price for after a major new ride has opened. That makes sense and I’ve known it happen before.

To increase the price by £10 for just the opening day is pure greed. Simple as that. Why pay that when you can go the next day for £10 less!?

I have no issue with a park increasing their entry price for after a major new ride has opened. That makes sense and I’ve known it happen before.

To increase the price by £10 for just the opening day is pure greed. Simple as that. Why pay that when you can go the next day for £10 less!?
And there's no guarantee that the ride will open on that day, as there are multiple factors that could delay it (as with any new ride opening). Imagine the uproar from visitors if that happened given the higher price!

I would say that a flurry of bookings for that date are a factor in price being driven up.

If Alton Towers received 20,000 bookings for a March opening day of a major new ride then I'm reasonably confident that they would up the advance price for the remaining slots.

Price Gouging at its finest! They know people will happily pay it to be the ‘first’ to ride.
I will pass. 2 1/2 hour drive each way to be stuck in a queue for hours full of Wannabe vloggers and pay £50 for the privilege. No ta!! I’m washing my hair that day anyway. :p

TBH I'm not massively against the idea of fleecing people with 10 youtube subscribers for an extra £10 (presumably people with an actual following will have already been to some preview event). Everyone else can just visit another day.

OTOH, I'd probably pay the extra £10 if I knew that virtually no-one else was going to be there, 'mingo ops being what they are.

Again, I don't mind exclusive launch event upcharge as, no matter how terrible it probably would be, it is at least something slightly different.

I wonder if the price increase is to prevent large crowds. They don’t have good operations, so may be worried about bad press surrounding unacceptable queue length for its new big ride.

Having a smaller, more manageable crowd also gives the ride operators a first chance learn how to operate this ride with a real crowd without being overwhelmed.

I wonder if the price increase is to prevent large crowds. They don’t have good operations, so may be worried about bad press surrounding unacceptable queue length for its new big ride.

Having a smaller, more manageable crowd also gives the ride operators a first chance learn how to operate this ride with a real crowd without being overwhelmed.
Staff have already ridden, so the ops will have had a little bit of experience with them.