• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

I recently mentioned this in another topic, but how about a double version of that from Ride Engineers Switzerland? Would have better throughput and capacity.

Render_01ap.jpg

Last edited:
The park already has a dive coaster, a coaster with a vertical drop trick track, multiple indoor drop towers (even if they are SBNO), and a kiddy bounce tower. I think they are covered when it comes to "uppy / downy rides".

But they all don't scare the pant's off you like Apocalypses does :p

I agree with Diogo, I think the park has more than enough drop rides currently, especially if they ever re-open sub terra. Something spiny or flippy is required in my opinion. You know, like submission or ripsaw, those two rides they removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree that we need more spiny and flippy rides. We also need more water rides, dark rides as well as a good variety of flats.

However apart from Oblivion, Alton don't have a decent drop ride, the current ones are like adult versions of a kids frog hopper, the drops are very lame. Alton needs something as extreme as Apocalypse, facing forward tilt that drops you a couple of hundred feet before hitting the station. If Alton got a decent drop ride just like Apocalypse, I wouldn't need to visit DMTP as Apocalypse is the only reason why I visit DMTP now day's.

I do agree that we need more spiny and flippy rides. We also need more water rides, dark rides as well as a good variety of flats.

However apart from Oblivion, Alton don't have a decent drop ride, the current ones are like adult versions of a kids frog hopper, the drops are very lame. Alton needs something as extreme as Apocalypse, facing forward tilt that drops you a couple of hundred feet before hitting the station. If Alton got a decent drop ride just like Apocalypse, I wouldn't need to visit DMTP as Apocalypse is the only reason why I visit DMTP now day's.
Two words: Height. Restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, 1st time post :D

Visited Towers this weekend for the first time this season and think we definitely need more flat rides all over the park to soak up queues before a new coaster is even considered. Reckon a more updated version of Ripsaw in FV with a decent soundrack and some good effects (basically the UKs Talocan with a different theme) would be ideal. Also that double tourbillon from a few posts back would look absolutely amazing in X Sector. Really though will take anything at this point, even if its just temporary till they can get some better ones in.

Basically they should revive the flats they had and some new ones. My list would be: HUSS Breakdance, Mondial Supernova, HUSS Top Spin Suspended, Dodgems, Zierer Flying Carpet. If there were no height restrictions, an S&S Screamin' Swing.

I don't think the park is even entertaining any more.
Fixed that for you. ;)

But yeah, I think it's safe to say that Merlin have no interest in flat rides. They've probably got some market research where they asked people "what is more likely to make you visit: a world record breaking coaster, or a teacups ride?" to back this up. :rolleyes:

There was a recent Q&A with John Wardley where he said Towers won’t build flat rides unless they are unique from what you get at a funfair. (He claims to be the first to put fountains under a top spin) He also says how track rides will always have a better throughput than flat rides.

Fixed that for you. ;)

But yeah, I think it's safe to say that Merlin have no interest in flat rides. They've probably got some market research where they asked people "what is more likely to make you visit: a world record breaking coaster, or a teacups ride?" to back this up. :rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha

And you're not wrong. However im probaby not the best person to comment as I'm not a fan of flats myself. Quite like a gyro swing and 1 or 2 other flats I have done over years but they just don't appeal to me that much. Most just make me feel ill.

We still need them though to reduce wait times for the coasters and dark rides. Not going to happen though any time soon.

The thing that would reduce wait times for the coasters would be to get rid of fastrack. Last time I went on Spinball, there were no raps or fastrack guests and the queue moved constantly. Only took 10mins to get on.