• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

The thing that would reduce wait times for the coasters would be to get rid of fastrack. Last time I went on Spinball, there were no raps or fastrack guests and the queue moved constantly. Only took 10mins to get on.
Fast track makes them a shed load of cash and also some people might live 250miles+ from towers and want to make most of their very few visits.

I have no issues with fastrack other than perhaps maybe it's meant they got rid of srq's which I totally disagree with as lots of people visit with young kids who can't ride coasters so one parent must stay with them. I'm one of these people.

I've said it many times over the years, Towers should have taken the approach of building a flat alongside a Secret Weapon, the flat ride helps pad out the line-up and they don't have to worry about marketing a flat on its own.

When it comes to Fastrack, personally I have no huge issues with it. It's managed quite well at Towers, no where near as bad as it was years ago and they manage it far better than parks like *ahem* PortAventura.

He also says how track rides will always have a better throughput than flat rides.

To be fair, you don't necessarily need flat rides with huge throughputs. Flats should be there to compliment the main coasters/attractions, not replace them.

(not aimed at you by the way, I know you're quoting Mr Wardley)

Flats are needed at Towers. Maybe we will see some flats on the low investment cycles once CCL has been reworked.
If Merlin where clever about it they could just get a selection form the Zamperla catalogue and send them to the various parks they own,

I agree with FarGone that something like a Zamperla Air Race like Drayton has would go nice at Alton Towers. However, I think a brightly coloured attraction like this would fit in great near Spinball creating more or a family bordering on thrill area with the Air Race and Spinball.

I agree with FarGone that something like a Zamperla Air Race like Drayton has would go nice at Alton Towers. However, I think a brightly coloured attraction like this would fit in great near Spinball creating more or a family bordering on thrill area with the Air Race and Spinball.
I don't see much future for Spinball but maybe they could build a few family flats in place of it.

I don't see much future for Spinball but maybe they could build a few family flats in place of it.

Thats a shame, I love the big rides at Alton but I do like a good fun ride on Spinball. Unfortunately, I do have to agree that Cbeebies land is pulling in the money for Towers and I think that land will eventually be used as an area for expansion.
I can dream though!

Thats a shame, I love the big rides at Alton but I do like a good fun ride on Spinball. Unfortunately, I do have to agree that Cbeebies land is pulling in the money for Towers and I think that land will eventually be used as an area for expansion.
I can dream though!
I think its likely that we will see an expansion of Cbeebies land onto the Spinball site and obviously there are also the rumors that CCL will be getting a re-theme next year which will be good. I think the next major coaster will be very similar to Wickerman in that it will be a family coaster.

I think its likely that we will see an expansion of Cbeebies land onto the Spinball site and obviously there are also the rumors that CCL will be getting a re-theme next year which will be good. I think the next major coaster will be very similar to Wickerman in that it will be a family coaster.
I believe Towers do a cycle where they do one thrill, one family, on thrill, one family, etc... At least it has been that way is recent years.

It's incredible that towers currently operates 10 coasters, 1 water ride, 1 dark ride, 1 dark ride/walk through, 1 thrill flat, 3 family flats, 4 kids flats, 3 children's track rides, rides, a fun house, a puppet show, and sea life centre.

There is just very little at the top end at all once you get passed the coasters.

In my view a good flat ride can be as good as a coaster. They last just as long and make a good experience. When you visit a theme park you expect to have a variety of different experiences not just coaster, after coaster. At present AT annoys me because it is seriously lacking flats, dark rides and other experiences. For goodness sake it's difficult to find somewhere to eat as well. What has come of the UK s number 1 theme park? At this rate it looks like BPB will be the must go destination for summer 2018. I feel we all need to put this feedback onto the I pads around the park so at least they know customers do want flat rides! !

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

This is what a good themepark needs, it needs a good variety of rides and attractions to cater for everyone's needs. I can't complaint about the amount of rollercosters that Alton has and wouldn't complain or moan if we get another one. But we do need a good choice of alternative rides and attractions to compliment the park.

I effing love flat rides. In fact if I were to through a UK top 10 rides, it would probably be an equal split of flats and coasters.

The problem is Alton do not/have never liked them. They've had so many come and go over the years of all different types, so unfortunately I cant see them getting more in.

It's a shame because they work really well at Thorpe and the queues are usually pretty lengthy.

There was a recent Q&A with John Wardley where he said Towers won’t build flat rides unless they are unique from what you get at a funfair. (He claims to be the first to put fountains under a top spin) He also says how track rides will always have a better throughput than flat rides.
Talking about funfairs. I visited today and that's how it felt !

Game stands everywhere nagging for trade.

Smell of donuts as only stall food option in FV

Lack of any theming in smiler indoor queue. And deteriorating rusting dirty queue line.

Mmmmmmm what happened to this "we are not a funfair "

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

This would never happen, but something along the lines of the tomb raider ride that was at kings island years ago would be such a fantastic replacement for ripsaw. Extremely high capacity, some excellent theming and sound design could make for a fantastic addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While Tayto Park's flats are uninspired and off the shelf (although plans exist to theme them at later date when the park can afford to) their management have often said the reason they bought a bunch of flat rides after opening their woodie was to soak up the crowds and reduce the queues for the coaster therefore improving guest satisfaction.

Alton could seriously do with following a similar approach. They would really benefit from some flats.