• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beveraaage!

Amy_D said:
My point is, we went to Orlando on our honeymoon in September 2012 and found the food in the parks to be awful. As far as we saw, it was all unhealthy junk. I'm not a health food nut at all, I eat my fair share of crap, but sometimes I need something fresh and healthy! It's nice that in AT there is some variety. I found in Orlando there was no variety really, to the point where I pretty much cheered when we were given a salad on our flight home!

Out of curiosity, which parks did you go to? Whilst the food at places like Seaworld and Busch Gardens weren't anything special, I found Universal to have the best park food around. Even my mum was impressed, and she never touches fast food!

It all depends where you go in the parks. When I went to Florida I had a very mixed bag when it came to food. We found a really nice place to eat in SeaWorld. However the food I ended up with at Disney was complete crap to be honest. However if DLP is anything to go by then I know Disney in Florida must do much better food that I had.

I still think Towers offers a fantastic variety when it comes to food, better than most theme parks. And although it has gone up in price it is still decent for theme park food.

:)

Rob said:
It all depends where you go in the parks. When I went to Florida I had a very mixed bag when it came to food. We found a really nice place to eat in SeaWorld. However the food I ended up with at Disney was complete crap to be honest. However if DLP is anything to go by then I know Disney in Florida must do much better food that I had.

I still think Towers offers a fantastic variety when it comes to food, better than most theme parks. And although it has gone up in price it is still decent for theme park food.

:)

^^ This. I don't think you could really complain about the quality of food at the WDW parks in particular given the number of them and their variety. I mean, just look at the range at Epcot to choose but one. I remember reading that there are nationally recognised chefs working in the French restaurant :p

Plastic Person said:
Contrary to some of you, I found most the food at Seaworld and Busch to be fantastic too.

Same. Was nothing special compared to the WDW and Universal offerings but I had no complaints.

Actually I had the best ever theme park meal Ive ever had at Busch Gardens.

In regards to Alton, I normally chose to eat in Woodcutters as its a nice venue and the food is good. As mentioned before Eastern Express is abit of a hidden treat, it never seems particularly busy but its wonderful food.

The food in SeaWorld and Busch Gardens is not only nice but it's also well presented as well. Not up there with Universal but it was certainly better than the food I've had at most other parks. I don't think I've seen anywhere present their food as well as Universal did in the Beverly Hills Boulangerie! <3

As for what Alton Towers do, I don't mind the chicken burger at their new Burger Kitchens. I've also recently been into Pizza Pasta and Eastern Express for the first time ever (can't believe I've only just got around to trying them :p ) and I found Pizza Pasta okay, though it's getting steep for quite average food. Eastern Express was all new to me as I've never actually had a look at what they sell. I'd certainly like to try some more of their items, though I'd advise anyone considering the lamb kebabs to pick something else! :p

I never had a proper meal at Seaworld, it was always something like a hot dog and fries - although I remember eating some chicken strips there whilst having a loose tooth, that wasn't fun. I also remember getting a kids meal specifically for the little dolphin cup and straw, because I was the coolest 13 year old ever.

The burgers at Universal are fantastic, it must be said. At least they were in 2002/2007.

I'm actually a big fan of Fried Chicken Co. I really enjoy their recipe and a 3 Piece meal with AP Discount works out quite reasonably priced.

AshleeKel said:
Amy_D said:
My point is, we went to Orlando on our honeymoon in September 2012 and found the food in the parks to be awful. As far as we saw, it was all unhealthy junk. I'm not a health food nut at all, I eat my fair share of crap, but sometimes I need something fresh and healthy! It's nice that in AT there is some variety. I found in Orlando there was no variety really, to the point where I pretty much cheered when we were given a salad on our flight home!

Out of curiosity, which parks did you go to? Whilst the food at places like Seaworld and Busch Gardens weren't anything special, I found Universal to have the best park food around. Even my mum was impressed, and she never touches fast food!

We went to both Universal, pretty much all of Disney, Sea World and Busch Gardens. I guess what we were looking for was something quick rather than a sit down meal, but I get fed up of burgers etc. very quickly. Maybe we were looking in the wrong places, a great excuse to go again ;)

For best food, I'd say its probably one to the EP resort restaurants, but I guess you cannot say that is on park. Food loop isn't bad and various other EP park outlets are great.

Alton Towers do have some great outlets, but they also have several that are very poor. The thing is with Burger Kitchen is that they only need to change a little and it would be a great outlet on the park and something the park could really shout about. I kinda miss the old Forbidden Valley food outlets but thats more due to personal reasons. (Those greasy kebabs were amazing!)

So really the park isnt bad, but isnt really up there with some of the best either. It offers a wide selection, but needs to improve quality and overall service.