• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beveraaage!

GAGrathea

TS Founding Member
Soooo, bit of a random topic but I feel like this is something we don't discuss all that much!

Where's your favourite place to eat on park, and what d'you think of the overall food selection on park? :)

I personally think that generally the selection is excellent variety-wise, although things like the newer, more generic veggie burger in Fish & Chips are a shame :(

But with the exception of perhaps hotdogs, I think food pricing park-wise is rather decent; this was highlighted to me at Drayton Manor, who sell single pizza slices for about £3!

So yeah, go wild!

I can't wait to see what the new places will be like once Burger King have gone, plus then we can use our annual passes everywhere on park making it even better value. I'm am most curious about what will happen with the Cloud Cookoo Land Burger King because if they do a generic buffet like Flambo's and the one at Legoland I would be quite interested in eating there.

I haven't bought much food on park (this may be because I've only been to Towers 5 times :p), but I quite like the Mexican Canyons in Mutiny Bay.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

In general, the food at all Merlin parks is good for theme park food. You have the traditional theme park food options but there is a lot of variety at Towers. I've not eaten there for a while but Pizza Pasta is really good, Woodcutters is also a good place to sit and eat. I love Mexican although it is a shame that they dramatically altered the menu for this season. I've said it before though and I'll say it again, Towers need to get a Roast and Relish next season!

So yeah, on the whole the food is good. It's only when you got to the very top parks that you get better food, such as Disney, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and EP. The food I've had at those three parks has been exceptional!

:)

Food quality and selection is great, but it's all high in fat/bad carbs and way too expensive really. There could be some limited healthier-eating options I think.

I used to enjoy the Mexican Cantina stuff but I could have sworn that they changed the steak seasoning and it now tastes disgusting. Woodcutter's is okay but again, the bread buns are awful and if you have a burger, expect it to either collapse or have no taste whatsoever. They're also being a bit mean with the seasoning and frying at the new chicken restaurant in X-Sector too.

My current favourite is Mutiny's BBQ and you can't go wrong at Pizza/Pasta.

Tom said:
Food quality and selection is great, but it's all high in fat/bad carbs and way too expensive really. There could be some limited healthier-eating options I think.

All theme park food is expensive though, it's just one of those things. When you're at a theme park you either eat what the park has to offer or bring your own food. Because of this parks can afford to charge more than you would see on say the high street. I don't think I've ever been to a theme park and thought the food was really good value.

Rob said:
Tom said:

All theme park food is expensive though, it's just one of those things. When you're at a theme park you either eat what the park has to offer or bring your own food. Because of this parks can afford to charge more than you would see on say the high street. I don't think I've ever been to a theme park and thought the food was really good value.

I can't argue with you on that, but my main point was about the healthiness of it.

But there are plenty of token heathy options at most of the outlets - but who actually wants that while on a treat day out? :p

I generally always eat in the same place when I go - Woodcutters! It's good value for money considering it's at a theme park and the foods always pretty good.

Wherever they sell ribs!!!

I also like the Mexican Cantina and Explorers though. Also, I am incredibly interested to see what will happen whenever Burger King leave the park as I'm impressed with what Merlin have done with the Fried Chicken Co.

mrbrightside said:

I also like the Mexican Cantina and Explorers though. Also, I am incredibly interested to see what will happen whenever Burger King leave the park as I'm impressed with what Merlin have done with the Fried Chicken Co.

I really like the burger place at Blackpool Tower, although it's menu is limited the same format would suit Alton Towers Resort really well and would be a perfect replacement for Burger King.

I think Burger King haven't got long left at towers but I really enjoy woodcutters :)

Aly said:
mrbrightside said:

I really like the burger place at Blackpool Tower, although it's menu is limited the same format would suit Alton Towers Resort really well and would be a perfect replacement for Burger King.
I remember a discussion about the Blackpool menu being small... However, I could see it being expanded for a bigger place such as Alton.

What do people think would be done with the Burger King units then? I'm thinking they would all be used for different things. CCL could possibly be another buffet restaurant, while FV could be a burger place and Mutiny could be sandwiches?

mrbrightside said:
Aly said:
mrbrightside said:

I remember a discussion about the Blackpool menu being small... However, I could see it being expanded for a bigger place such as Alton.

What do people think would be done with the Burger King units then? I'm thinking they would all be used for different things. CCL could possibly be another buffet restaurant, while FV could be a burger place and Mutiny could be sandwiches?

The CCL BK is pretty huge so you'd think they could turn that into just about anything. FV and MB is restrictive really, being counter only outlets - so they'd probably be something similar to what we currently have.

Indeed, though I'd be surprised if both counter units became burger outlets - hence the suggestions for a 'Burger Co' in FV and a sandwich place similar to the one in Cariba placed in the Mutiny unit.

mrbrightside said:
Indeed, though I'd be surprised if both counter units became burger outlets - hence the suggestions for a 'Burger Co' in FV and a sandwich place similar to the one in Cariba placed in the Mutiny unit.

I agree there needs to be some kind of Subway clone somewhere in the actual park. Am I right in saying the only place you can currently buy sandwiches to go is in the FV Fresh Fruit/Jacket Potatoes place?

There's the Ripsaw cafe yeah... Then there's also places like Towers St Restaurant and Wobble World Cafe - struggling to think of much else though.