• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2015

It was shocking that quite a while after the first few had finished their substantial meals, @Vik's hadn't even arrived. Maybe next time we should all order together as one big order, though that would equally create problems with settling the bill between each other at the end.

Splitting a bill is easy if you follow the "phone rule". Everyone puts their phone in the middle of the table. First anti-social smeghead to check facebook pays the bill. ;)

... I've yet to find anyone willing to do this though. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person left capable of having a night out and not even thinking about FB 'til I get home.

^^ We play that game when we're out!

In regards to splitting the bill, as long as you don't have an annoying 'well my starter was £1 less than yours so I shouldn't pay as much' person, no problem!

^^ We play that game when we're out!

In regards to splitting the bill, as long as you don't have an annoying 'well my starter was £1 less than yours so I shouldn't pay as much' person, no problem!

See i hate the equal splitters who decide that is how we are doing things AFTER we have had the meal. Number of times i have been trying to save money and had the cheapest thing off the menu and water then everyone decides to equally split the bill so i can subsidize someones 6 glasses of wine.... Does my nut in!

..... and breath

I hate the equal splitting idea. Been in situations like that before and you always end up paying more than you should. I like to work out how much my order cost and then stick to paying my amount. With food that's easy to do. If you don't know how much drinks are buy them separate as you can get drinks straight away. I avoid equal bill splitting personally, would rather not pay for other peoples food and/or drinks.

Although even with group orders you're not all guaranteed to get your food at (or near) the same time.

Well I guess I'm just lucky that I tend to eat with people who don't take the mick and order stupid amounts. Also, I don't begrudge paying an extra few pounds because I know it's swings and roundabouts and one day you'll pay a couple of quid under what you should.

Depends who you are with, a small group of friends you know well for a birthday meal and splitting is fine. A group of friends you don't see so often and it is much easier to pay for your own as there is always that person you don't quite trust...

This is way off topic but, i'm happy with equal splitting if its decided before ordering, i just wish people would make it clear beforehand and it annoys me when they don't.

Other than places not being open when they should be i've never had any issues with food at towers, the burger kitchen is always good value easy food and the court yard BBQ is good too. Far quicker than the food at Warwick castle!

I think some prices have gone up in Burger Kitchen this year.

A bacon double cheeseburger meal has gone up to over £7, which I can't remember it being last year or the year before (But the quality hasn't improved)

But there has been a few new additions to the menu, like a new chicken and bacon burger and mozzarella sticks.

:)

Meals went up the back end of last season by about 30p.

Pretty much park wide wide increases to meet profit/spend per head targets.

:)

I think me and Big Dave said at fireworks that the burger kitchen in forbidden valley seemed to be better quality

It's so refreshing to hear that Burger Kitchen have new things on their menu. It really was needed, because the menu was so limited in some ways.

Although with regards to the Bacon & Chicken burger, why not just walk a little further to Courtyard, and have one from there for like £1.50 extra? Although saying that, it's most likely all the same produce knowing Merlin.

I will try Burger Kitchen again this year, but i've never really been fond of it. I'd much rather waste a little bit more time walking to the over side of the park, and eat at Pizza & Pasta. Refreshing about the new menu options, not so refreshing about the price increase from the end of last year.

Refreshing is not a word I'd associate with the Burger Kitchen.

I don't get all the Burger Kitchen hate... It's not exactly amazing but it's far from terrible (at least when I've tried it).

Where to begin...

The diabolically slow service is definitely a start. Originally I considered Fresh Fish and Chips to be the worst outlet on the park for service times, that is until Burger Kitchen arrived on the scene. 10 minutes for a cup of tea with less than four other people being served? Arguably Towers St Bar & Grill has been laughable on a much greater scale last year (over 25 minutes for some garlic bread and chips on a quiet day), but that still doesn't hide the fact that Burger Kitchen's service speed has a great need for improvement.

The infamous image of someone's fish burger from the other year sums up the quality of the food for me. It's either cardboard crap or bricks dressed in breadcrumbs. It's never looked appealing or even in some cases, edible at all. I understand it's (supposed to be) fast food, but it really doesn't take much effort to make such an offering look at least somewhat pleasant.

And even though the prices are some of the lowest on the park, they are far from justifying the quality of food on offer. I'd much rather fork out for a proper meal or an even quicker grab n' go offering from the Dark Forest / Mutiny Bay outlets than sit through another Burger Kitchen sitting. Infact, I'd rather consume my own toenails.

I've given BK plenty of opportunities to redeem itself in the past, and it's failed miserably to do so each and every time. I shan't be making the same mistake again.

Food quality wise last season the one time I eat there it was about on par with the old Burger King. Service was poor though