• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2018

I quite liked Flambos.

:(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Flambo’s wasn’t the same after they remodelled the counters anyway. Something about the way it stuck into the room and the walls that meant you couldn’t see the kitchen as much. And the food was good, I remember having really nice goat curry.
But the hotel food is being cut down so much. The breakfast at Secret Garden is possibly worse than Premier Inn now.

It’s possibke they will do larger menu during summer holidays and pizza at quieter times?

Flambos was pretty poor, with its lukewarm buffet food, much like those Redhot buffets people seem to love but I think are meh.

Flambo’s wasn’t the same after they remodelled the counters anyway. Something about the way it stuck into the room and the walls that meant you couldn’t see the kitchen as much. And the food was good, I remember having really nice goat curry.
But the hotel food is being cut down so much. The breakfast at Secret Garden is possibly worse than Premier Inn now.

It’s possibke they will do larger menu during summer holidays and pizza at quieter times?

The breakfast at the hotels is without doubt worse than any premier inn imo.

It’s a real shame that they are only offering pizza and pasta at flambos now, we used to really enjoy the buffet as it was several years ago.

The EV breakfast in July was OK, but definitely inferior to a Premier Inn breakfast!

The AT website is saying the following for Flambos:

“With fantastic views overlooking the Caribbean Waterpark, Flambo's is the perfect place to re-fuel before your next adventure. Flambo's Jambo offers a delicious all you can eat pizza and pasta buffet including soft drinks and ice cream factory.”

A bit more of a confirmation that it will now be a pizza pasta buffet permanently.

But still mentions Scarefest. Maybe it’s just not been updated from last year yet. There’s still hope of better food
J3KCoeO_d.jpg

I also liked the varied food and curries you could get in Flambos. Like someone mentioned above, the goat curry in particular was lovely. However, we experienced the pizza and pasta buffet over Scarefest in Flambos....... never again! It was vile.

Why are they saying about a Pizza Pasta buffet during Scarefest specifically? Is it because that particular option is only available during Scarefest, and different options are offered between May & September, when SLH is open?

Flambos will be serving the poor quality Pizza/Pasta Merlin generic buffet this year.

I would imagine this is due to the fact they cannot recruit actual chefs because the hotel is not open daily.

Probably also so they dont have to buy in so much food, they can just increase their bulk order of pre-made pizza and plastic cartons of ready made pasta and just throw it in an oven to reheat.

Flambos will be serving the poor quality Pizza/Pasta Merlin generic buffet this year.

I would imagine this is due to the fact they cannot recruit actual chefs because the hotel is not open daily.
Was the Flambo's Pizza Pasta buffet the same as the one in the park? Because I actually didn't mind the Pizza Pasta in the park.

I would expect it to be exactly the same, that way Merlin can just buy in the same stuff for both restaurants and save money.

Pretty similar.

But 50% more expensive...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has there ever been an era at AT where food was of excellence or even good?

Just interested.

:)

Fondly remember the Towers own brand burger and hot dog restaurant in Towers Street. Massive Hot Dog and Chips :) The back of the coke cups had Henry Hound putting rubbish in a bin with the slogan "Keep Alton Towers Tidy"... such attention to detail back then.

Also, Swiss Cottage Restaurant - couldn't afford that at the time though. :)

In a nice little nod to Scarefest 2017, it would seem that Alton has renamed the Courtyard Tavern to The Welcom-inn for this year and given it a refurbishment! Definitely seems like Alton is trying to give Wicker Man its own subsection of Mutiny Bay, which is nice!