• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2018

When courtyard closed i started taking a packed lunch.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I only ever purchase food on site during the late night openings, other than that, I take a packed lunch and eat off site for evening dinner

Just think early lunch at 11am. Evening meal at 7ish. No need to eat at the park at all.

Why queue an hour for food when you can spend that time queuing for a ride, and if the ride queues are busy, then kill two birds with one stone and eat your pack lunch in the queue line

Where is there to eat at AT this year? (Not that I will buy anything on park this year ) just get into the park to ride the rides and eat on the way and on the way home . I'm taking it now smoke house isn't happening all we have is ; explorers pizza and pasta, rollercoaster restaurant, woodcutters, the burger kitchen and fried chicken. What are people going to do at scarefeast? The queues will be horrendous and your stuffed if you get hungry at forbidden valley !

Don't forget about Costa...

Just don't buy anything from it or they will do what KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonald's did and keep all the money, then poor merlin will starve, 10 orphans will cry and a Kitten will be melted into paste!

Last edited:
The Costa is the same as kfc pizza hut etc it's franchised by the parks with them being listed as the operator. It seems to be that if Merlin want to do something themselves they will use a well known brand spend the money to get it up and running and staff trained and then after a few years when it suits them they end the franchise and replace it with there own brand...

The Costa is the same as kfc pizza hut etc it's franchised by the parks with them being listed as the operator. It seems to be that if Merlin want to do something themselves they will use a well known brand spend the money to get it up and running and staff trained and then after a few years when it suits them they end the franchise and replace it with there own brand...

Merlin did actually try their own Coffee Shack branding for a while, it started in the dome at Thorpe and then at Splash Landings. But I think they realised that if you get the coffee beans from a reputable supplier than people have heard of, they are more likely to buy the coffee and therefore have started rolling out the "Proud to Serve Costa" but still Merlin run outlets.

They had Starbucks for 20 minutes as well in forbidden valley as well...
You’d thunk they’d stick to their plan once in a while to save the time and effort of rebranding all the time

Its only them machines though which are at every petrol station, they still dont taste as good as the real thing

They had Starbucks for 20 minutes as well in forbidden valley as well...
You’d thunk they’d stick to their plan once in a while to save the time and effort of rebranding all the time

They wanted to stick with Starbucks! Blame Chessington for that one, signing a deal with Costa that was in breach of Merlin's existing contract with Starbucks. Good old lack of communication!

:)

And just when you thought Flambos couldn’t get any worse, there’s now rumours it has been changed to just a pizza pasta buffet.

On second thoughts, might be an improvement on the overpriced slop they normally serve.

And just when you thought Flambos couldn’t get any worse, there’s now rumours it has been changed to just a pizza pasta buffet.

On second thoughts, might be an improvement on the overpriced slop they normally serve.

They did pizza at Flambo’s over scarefast. I agree with the theory, more guests eating in the park due to the later opening time meant less demand for Flambo’s. but all reports weee the pizza was bad and still overpriced.

It’s possible they are doing pizza only while guest demand is lower, so as long as they switch to full menu again for the summer it could be okay. But the quality needs to be higher and the price reasonable.

Was just pizza and pasta during scarefest last year. Suppose when your barely opening the hotel itself what's the point of making an effort with the food.
Just a bit rubbish seeing how they already have that food option in the park itself.

I ate at pizza and pasta 1-2 years ago...it was genuinely some of the worst, tasteless and qualityless food I have ever subjected myself to!

Good to know they have darkened the gates of flambo jambo's jobless hacks ltd with this stuff!