• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2019

Has anyone tried the pizza&pasta in Katanga Canyon this year? While I was too scared to try the pasta, the pizza is slightly better than last year and they have free ice cream, I would reccomend trying it next visit...can't be as bad as RCR!

Has anyone tried the pizza&pasta in Katanga Canyon this year? While I was too scared to try the pasta, the pizza is slightly better than last year and they have free ice cream, I would reccomend trying it next visit...can't be as bad as RCR!

Ice cream isnt free if the price has gone up

Thought the food was great at the weekend, the steak sandwich in woodcutters was very good (second time I've had one this season)

The secret garden hotel had just changed its menu as well, had the chili beef starter, and the sausage and mash for the main course and they were both great.

Thought the food was great at the weekend, the steak sandwich in woodcutters was very good (second time I've had one this season)

The secret garden hotel had just changed its menu as well, had the chili beef starter, and the sausage and mash for the main course and they were both great.

You risked a Alton towers sausage? Thought they were on pa with those sold by CMOT Dibbler in Pratchets diskworld series (finest quality inedible offle)

Last edited:
Eating in RCR tomorrow night, am a bit concerned as the reviews are so awful now, I shall let you know how I get on

Eating in RCR tomorrow night, am a bit concerned as the reviews are so awful now, I shall let you know how I get on
It was really nice last week, so you should have a nice time!

I just noticed the buy in advance options on the app for food. Are these the same prices as in the park? I’m staying next week :)

I just noticed the buy in advance options on the app for food. Are these the same prices as in the park? I’m staying next week :)
Looking on the app the meal deals are slightly cheaper than buying on the day, eg pizza pasta is £14 on the day but £12 on the app. However if you have an annual pass I imagine you won’t be able to get discount if bought online.

Looking on the app the meal deals are slightly cheaper than buying on the day, eg pizza pasta is £14 on the day but £12 on the app. However if you have an annual pass I imagine you won’t be able to get discount if bought online.

Thanks. I was wondering if it might be cheaper because for pizza pasta it does not say the ice cream is included on the app but I thought it was in the restaurant?

Thanks. I was wondering if it might be cheaper because for pizza pasta it does not say the ice cream is included on the app but I thought it was in the restaurant?

Short of the staff wristbanding people eligible for free ice cream & having another staff member on duty to enforce the wristbands, I can't see there being a problem. Staff cost money & given the profit margins on the food even Merlin will let it go. If you're planning on having an ice cream you'll probably eat less pizza & pasta.

More culinary delights served up by Alton Towers for your viewing pleasure. Yum.

Maybe Merlin should go for the award of "Second only to airline food"? (But add the caveat that their food is cooked on the day of consumption & not cooked+blast-chilled then reheated like airline food). The airline meal would probably still be preferable.

So, RCR tonight..... Not bad, staff very keen to give out slips of paper with their names on them asking you to leave reviews on TA if you are happy. Frequently then coming around to ask if everything was ok. One order was late coming so they couldn't do enough to speed it up. Obviously management are acting on all the bad reviews of late. Was a decent night in there though, food was ok.

You risked a Alton towers sausage? Thought they were on pa with those sold by CMOT Dibbler in Pratchets diskworld series (finest quality inedible offle)
Depends whether the sausage contains meat... or named meat.

If I do have a pet hate, it is places that ask you to give a trip advisor review, then go over the top on service.

Well, it makes more sense than asking for reviews and giving bad service.

I imagine the ‘Merlin way’ management teachings going forwards will use LEGOLAND Windsor as a case study on how much damage poor Tripadvisor reviews can damage an organisation.

With RCR charging a premium price and given virtually all guests have smartphones, a poor set of reviews at the top of the list could mean guests make snap decisions not to go while on park, causing a significant loss of incremental revenue.