• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Mozzarella sticks are now £3.60!? Wow, they must have at least doubled in price since 2021 when you would just add them on without really thinking.

That paper menu just stuck over the old menu looks also as well. Are Alton Towers/Merlin not doing any quality control checks and giving Aramark a free reign to just do whatever they want!?

Disappointing if the veggie burger has been removed - despite it looking like a piece of modern art, it actually tasted pretty good.

From the above, it appears that the option will now be meat or something that's so similar to meat, you won't believe it's meat - which is great if you're trying to eat less meat, but not so great if you're a vegetarian.

I guess "BK" isn't trademarked, but it's a bit cheeky.

Unfortunately the minimum wage is lower for under 23s so they can legally pay that.
Absolutely insulting though, especially given the required travel distance for most employees. I can only hope there are enough companies in the area that give all employees the 23+ rate that staff can vote with their feet.

Towers themselves certainly used to pay all staff the higher minimum wage rate - was often a reason why there were so many young staff there, as they could get a few quid more an hour more at Towers than somewhere that stuck to the bare minimum.

Also worth noting that Towers used to pay ride operators a "premium" of 50p/hr for the additional responsibility!

Why would anyone order the side of 5 x onion rings at £3.80? 3 x onion rings are only £1.65 so you could have 2 portions for 50p cheaper and get an extra ring. It’s clear the menu has been thrown together with little thought.

£15 for a fast food burger meal where you still struggle for seating is crazy & shows their greed (and that’s without mentioning the state of the tables if you finally manage to grab one).

My son also got some cheesy chips from Eastern Express in Mutiny Bay last weekend and quickly returned them as the tray was half empty, there probably looked about 15 chips at best.

I’m sure at towers the F&B prices generally stayed the same all season? We are only a month in to the season and we already have our first price rise, I dread to think what it will be like by the end!

I noticed when I did Thorpe and chessie last season their menus were full of stickers all over it where the prices had clearly gone up, and rather then print a whole new menu, they just stuck bits all over the menu, which probably actually takes more time and effect than a whole new menu.

Next time you get a grim burger served up at Towers by Aramark, just think…it could be worse 🤣🤮.

20EA0B6D-DFF0-4107-AA6F-18066A2C78C0.jpeg
I think it's been said before that it really isn't that useful to compare different business areas of Aramark as it's such a huge company with fingers in a lot of pies. What they serve in prisons in America is really not relevant to what's on offer at UK theme parks

I think it's been said before that it really isn't that useful to compare different business areas of Aramark as it's such a huge company with fingers in a lot of pies. What they serve in prisons in America is really not relevant to what's on offer at UK theme parks
True but I feel bad for the people in pen for heinous crimes if they have to eat food even worse than what they're sloshing up at the 'second only to disney' theme parks.

Whilst this is undeniably true... it's unfortunate that the comparisons aren't wildly inaccurate.

I agree, and my post was tongue in cheek.

However I do think it’s worth highlighting the kind of company that Merlin have got into bed with here. Prisons or not, any company willing to serve that ‘food’ is not one I personally feel overly happily about handing over my money to, on a moral level if nothing else.

Others may disagree, but at least we can make informed decisions.

I see what people mean. A decent reputable company wouldn't sell some of the stuff they do no matter where its served. You can still have cheaper food which is nice. So why you would partner with a company like Aramark when they produce the food they do (even if for other places) I have no idea.