• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

The fact that it's sat on foil and all you can really see is the top of the roll makes it look like a home made bap, not a fast food burger!
The fact you can only see the top is a photography issue not a food one, you wouldn't see inside of a kids hamburger from anywhere else well either if taking the picture top down. Wrapping in foil isn't too bad plenty of other fast food places do it, although waxed paper is probably the better choice for a kids size.

The hut in Gloomy Wood was apparently the first F&B unit to have been signed off for Aramark according to the Bianca/TPWW interview, so this does at least show they are capable of producing themed food, which is presented well and tastes good.

Perhaps changes are afield and there simply wasn’t enough time to design, test and implement themed food across other units in the time between the Aramark contract being signed and the park opening.

Perhaps changes are afield and there simply wasn’t enough time to design, test and implement themed food across other units in the time between the Aramark contract being signed and the park opening.
Fair point. Oh, except the whole year of 2022, when the contract was signed, southern parks were in full flow, and Towers was due to follow shortly…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point. Oh, except the whole year of 2022, when the contract was signed, southern parks were in full flow, and Towers was due to follow shortly…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. But Thorpe’s food offering seems so much more varied than Towers? I have never been to Thorpe so that opinion is purely based on looking at their F&B offering on their website and app. Has this always been the case?

True. But Thorpe’s food offering seems so much more varied than Towers? I have never been to Thorpe so that opinion is purely based on looking at their F&B offering on their website and app. Has this always been the case?
It’s because KFC and Burger King operate the fried chicken and burger outlets at Thorpe so Tussauds/Merlin have always had to offer something the branded places don’t.

The hut in Gloomy Wood was apparently the first F&B unit to have been signed off for Aramark according to the Bianca/TPWW interview, so this does at least show they are capable of producing themed food, which is presented well and tastes good.

If you could put up with watching that Bianca/TPWW interview, the quality of Aramark's food is the less of your worries.
Totally "staged managed" interview - Bianca had clearly been given the questions in advance & had all her responses vetted by Merlin HQ.

If you could put up with watching that Bianca/TPWW interview, the quality of Aramark's food is the less of your worries.
Totally "staged managed" interview - Bianca had clearly been given the questions in advance & had all her responses vetted by Merlin HQ.
Absolutely, but the alternative was never going to happen. Bianca was never going to say on camera “I hate the Retrosquad, the ride availability on the park I oversee is rubbish and our food is awful”.

The real conversations happen behind closed doors.

That's how all such interviews are conducted, no doubt she would have been given the questions in advance and given time to prepare answers otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to do it. Why would she need to have her answers vetted? She's a professional, she'll have known the things she could and couldn't say. A smart person could read between the lines of some of her comments anyway. The fact that she came out and did it at all rather than hide behind a corporate smokescreen is progress in itself.

I'm shocked I'm saying this but I actually enjoyed the food i had today

- harlequins hat from outside curse was great and I really do hope we get some more themed food.

- in regards to themed food there are a couple of new Mardi Gras food options from the burger kitchen, just chicken and a special mardi gras pizza from pizza/pasta

- and this evening I've been flambos and yes it might be pricey but I thought the food was nice tbh.

Tommorow Rollercoaster Restaurant 👀

Chessington are now serving smashed burgers in Wild Asia (so not really themed!). But I assume this means they are using actual mince to form the ball to smash into a patty on the grill instead of frozen pre-made burgers? If so it’s a big step up in quality for the burgers and probably not a terrible price.

I mean, you can still make a smash burger with a tiny amount of 'meat', some filler crap and binding agents. I would not assume a burger is high quality just because the patty is made infront of you.

Last edited:
No that was removed sometime last year or year before I think, towers blamed it on supplier issues, funny how the ice cream van on the lawns still was open though 😂
That’s a shame as it was a small thing that actually really helped justify the price. Although probably did slow down the tables being turned and getting more guests through.

The price isn’t terrible though for the buffet, at Pizza Hut for adults it’s £9.99 weekdays £14.99 weekends or £15.99/19.99 including soft drinks and ice cream. So the Alton Towers price is comparable to the Pizza Hut weekend price, although I expect the quality and selection is better at Pizza Hut.