• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Failure was “improvement necessary” on structural compliance which is “The structure of the establishment (including cleanliness, layout, condition of structure, lighting, ventilation, facilities etc.).”

Improvement necessary means major failings according to the criteria list. Won’t be eating there next month!

To be fair, most of the other units at Chessington scored highly so it seems like something went wrong with this one.

When I went to Alton towers had dinner in the crooked spoon it was ok not bad for what it was had better also had breakfast to that was lovely better than the dinner

also had the rollover hotdog both day at the park was nice to

Your local garage isn't the Towers though.
My wife sits watching murder mysteries supping strong lager at home, at a cost of around a quid a pint...
But she still makes me take her out to nice country pubs at the weekend where it costs around six quid a pint, and she sometimes even cracks a smile.
Worth the fiver.

Rollover hot dogs are similarly priced wherever you get them. £6 in my local cinema. I went to Land’s End in Cornwall a few years ago, and they were charging £6 also (likely hiked up in price now).

I'm surprised Towers don't charge more to be honest.

Agreed, its like we have just accepted the obscene high price for poor quality these days

I think we can move on from the hot dog discussion. The cost has been high for a long time even prior to Aramark, and said cost has already been raised multiple times within this topic.

If we could keep things to constructive discussion about potential and current Aramark changes rather than the "hot dogs are expensive" merry-go-round it'd be appreciated :).

We get these inspections at my work, it’s really not hard to get a high rating if you’re following procedures properly.
I've had these many times and you're absolutely right. Getting a 4 star + is like falling off a log. Since it's an establishment run by a large company, you'd assume that they have the right equipment, stringent policies, approved chemicals etc already in place. So for it to get smashed down to a 2 star, it's likely a serious hygiene, date code control, temperature control or training record concern. Maybe all of the above. I've seen 4 and five stars go out with the odd out of code, missing record and dirty floor. So to get a 2, something is seriously wrong.

Question re: pizza.

At lunch time, is Flambos the same pizza as Explorers? At one time they were running a lunchtime buffet in there but now as best as I can tell from the (horrifically designed) documents on the website, it's an la carte pizzeria at lunchtime and the full buffet in the evening ?

Said documents ... Lunch ~ Dinner.

giphy.gif

Flambos in the past definitely used to always run pizza in the lunch. But only on more peak times, so worth checking it’s actually open.

I haven’t been in there for years so wouldn’t know if it’s the same pizza as on park, but imagine it would be similar now Aramark run it all.

As a follow up to the above. I popped into Splash this morning and my question as to whether they served lunch was met with nothing short of incredulity.

I was told that we should eat at that awful place in the water park. When I said we weren't going in the water park the incredulity escalated. They really haven't got their heads around the fact that they are a resort - each aspect of the resort feels like it operates as its own thiefdom.

Anyway, my nephew wanted pizza so we ended up in Explorers, which was fine. £13.60 with MAP, slightly more expensive than BPK at BPB (£12.55 with discount). Quality was pretty good - couldn't complain really.

PXL_20230626_145525824.jpg