• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Me personally when I've been on park and haven't brought my own lunch then I just get a cheeseburger kids meal which works out about a fiver with map discount

Hopefully there will be some decent food at ocktoberfest the stalls tend to be better food and it's always good to get a beer on the green ha ha

Not only are the price increases off putting even with map discount, but the lack of choice and ever changing menus are weird to me as well. I know the average guest visiting once or twice a year is unlikely to notice but to me it just seems like Aramark don’t know what they’re doing. Just pick a menu and stick to it for goodness sake. I wonder how much of their budget has been swallowed up by new signage every 6 weeks. Money that could have been better spent on higher quality products.

Off to Chessington on Thursday (god help me) and I’ve already planned what to take for our picnic.

You cannot buy single items from.TBK anymore.

Bundled £12-13 'meals' only.

Who comes up with this crap? Literally didn't buy anything because of it.

This is the same at Chessington too! I really don't understand why they've done this. Best part was at Chessington the signage outside said they still did sides. When I told the staff member she just went yeah ok and walked off.

Spoiler... I also didnt buy anything

I suspect it’s been done as a result of people ordering single items and them not being able to maximise GP. Chips & soft drinks are both super high GP products so that £5/£6 or whatever it is mark-up to have a meal, rather than an individual item, consists of almost pure gross profit.

I don’t agree with the decision but I can see why it’s been done.

Weird query but has anyone gone to Alton Towers and been able to buy a vegetarian/vegan/plant-based hot dog recently?

My partner absolutely loves the things but if they don't have those I suspect we'll be bringing in our own food!

Weird query but has anyone gone to Alton Towers and been able to buy a vegetarian/vegan/plant-based hot dog recently?

My partner absolutely loves the things but if they don't have those I suspect we'll be bringing in our own food!

They sell them at all of the Rollover outlets. Definitely in Mutiny Bay and Forbidden valley. Maybe elsewhere too.

They're OK. Nothing special.

You also have to trust that you're not being served the meat variant. It's usually hard to tell.

Rollover hotdogs are actually not mechanically recovered meat having checked the ingredients (it legally must be flagged up)
Mechanically recovered meat is relatively rare in the UK, McDonald's stopped using it 20 years ago believe it or not.

They ran out when we were there last week - was about 5pm though so if you’re aiming for lunch time you might be ok. They come in a green bag, the meat ones come in a yellow bag.

I had a Vegetarian (vegan) rollover from Mutiny Bay last weekend, at about 1pm.

Coach house does seem to be the exception to the rule when it comes to Aramark outlets.

The offer in there is quite good, pricey still but tastes good and seems of a quality.
Yeah and i’ve always said, when the quality is good, you don’t mind paying an extra few quid for it. It’s when the quality isn’t good, and it’s extremely pricey whats an issue.

I paid £3 for a bog standard "99" at matlock Bath last weekend, that was below average to be honest.

So £3.50 for a waffle cone ice cream at towers isn't that bad I don't think.

This feels like they have reduced staffing to lower costs, so now need to reduce the menu to make it as simple as possible so the staff that are left can deal with the orders.
This feels like they have reduced staffing to lower costs, so now need to reduce the menu to make it as simple as possible so the staff that are left can deal with the orders.
They have reduced staffing - a friend of mine works there and said there is hardly any hours for anyone and everyone is mainly put on 11-3 shifts

Last edited: