• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food we eat wrong

im interested to find out about people culinary mishaps. Or perhaps be enlightened about that food I like and the correct or even better way to enjoy it.

Tell me and others about food you’ve eaten a specific way and discovered later in life it’s wrong or that there’s a better way.

Two examples from me:
I’ve always loved wheetabix as a cereal. I’m plenty of years old and always eaten it a certain way. Ice cold milk little sugar. Eat it quick whilst the biscuit is still hard. Thought this was perfect. However only a few weeks ago due to a busy life I let my wheetabix go soggy. I moshed it up and resigned myself to an unsatisfactory breakfast. Silly me! It’s opened my eyes. It’s the best. Now I mosh it up purposefully stir in the sugar and add more milk. I feel like a new man!
Second, I used to date (and nearly married) a girl who told me she was really good with chopsticks. She could easily pick up a pea.. I was impressed with this feat of dexterity as I simply cannot use chopstick. Gleefully she booked us a Chinese meal evidently keen to impress me with her chopsticky greatness. All prepared and a little excited the moment came. Stab! Chopstick through the middle of a large piece of chicken! Stab there goes a large vegetable. STAB! See I told you I could get the pea. She was a little surprised when I asked her to look around the room and see how others used the sticks.

Let me know other great ways to eat food or fails to make you cringe.

Shredded wheat, spread on some buttery spread, cover that in sugar, then add milk from the bottom so the top of them stay crisp.

I've never been able to use chopsticks. My manual dexterity has never been great, and I simply can't co-ordinate my fingers in the right way to use them properly.

I’ve personally always had trouble cutting harder foods, like pork, for example. As some others in the thread have already said, I don’t have the best coordination when it comes to that sort of thing in general.

I’ve personally always had trouble cutting harder foods, like pork, for

Sounds to me like your biggest problem there is you are cooking pork wrong.

People peeling and eating bananas the wrong way up annoys me. Stop it. You peel at the bottom, you hold at the top. It's the only way.

Sounds to me like your biggest problem there is you are cooking pork wrong.

People peeling and eating bananas the wrong way up annoys me. Stop it. You peel at the bottom, you hold at the top. It's the only way.
Maybe “harder” was the wrong choice of word; I can’t think of the word, but while it’s lovely and tender when I eat it, I always find pork hard to cut.

plate-of-half-eaten-chicken-wings-KWX3ND.jpg

If you count these wings as finished, you are wrong.

I've been told it's not the "proper way" to eat stuff by deconstructing it and eating each bit seperatly outside stiff like Oreos but I tend to! (Ironically not for Oreos)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've been told it's not the "proper way" to eat stuff by deconstructing it and eating each bit seperatly outside stiff like Oreos but I tend to! (Ironically not for Oreos)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Might be an autism thing. I often do it with things like lasagne. :p

Apparently cheese and peanut butter isn't an appropriate sandwich filling?

Weetabix with hot water and a dash of milk is also amazing, but gets me more funny looks!