• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Mrsslugjc works for a railway firm, they have a league table of supporter behaviour. None of the south Yorkshire clubs come off well. Leeds have a bad rep. Spurs fans are known for massive drug use.

What is worrying is the masses of supporters travel without a ticket. Just there in case it kicks off, or to kick off.

Next weekend will be tasty, and stressful. Great Sheff Wed won today but lose next week and we'll be back in the bottom three due to Hudds and Birmingham playing each other, so a point minimum is a must for us against WBA. On the flip side, if we get a point or more against WBA, Hudds will be relegated if they lose to Birmingham.

Nottingham Forest haven't taken the defeat well. Calling out the PGMOL on twitter.

Good performance from Liverpool today after a poor week or so. Keeps us just about in the title race but needing a number of results to go for us now.

Nottingham Forest haven't taken the defeat well. Calling out the PGMOL on twitter.
I heard what they'd written when I was listening to the radio earlier. Absolutely hilarious. That said, they are totally incompetent and it needs saying. They're gonna just get sanctioned for that though as they don't accept or take any notice of criticism, even when it's totally accurate.

I saw clattenburg was in the stands. Dunno what they want achieve with all this. I notice they have nothing to say about VAR when they have won.

Clattenburg officially works for them.

Given how useless he was it's probably akin to those dodgy legal advice teams who just want to keep the cash cow going.

Making me want them to get relegated because they've been so whingey over it.

Clattenburg officially works for them.

Given how useless he was it's probably akin to those dodgy legal advice teams who just want to keep the cash cow going.

Making me want them to get relegated because they've been so whingey over it.

They are making out it's just them. Every side has had bad decisions given for and against them by VAR.

To hire an ex ref to sit in the stands. Bloody awful. "Yes boss, it was a pen, in my personal opinion. Thanks for the money same time next week?" Gotta be the easiest job in footie that.

That tweet has just made them a laughing stock

Last edited:
I dont agree with the tweet, however the decisions yesterday are extremely poor. Every man and there dog can see 1 stonewall penalty, and yet VAR refused to ask the ref to look at the screen. Its happened a number of times this season not just the odd time.

Twitter gives people a voice, which is some ways is good but in others is bad, Everything is under the microscope.

I dont agree with the tweet, however the decisions yesterday are extremely poor. Every man and there dog can see 1 stonewall penalty, and yet VAR refused to ask the ref to look at the screen. Its happened a number of times this season not just the odd time.

Twitter gives people a voice, which is some ways is good but in others is bad, Everything is under the microscope.

It does give people a voice.

A professional football club, calling refs supporters of another club should not happen. It's that kind of behaviour that is helping var get away with so much. The subject turns away from the point.

This is not the first time forest have done it. Chairman waiting for a ref pitch side over a drop ball, that had affect on the game.

I'm with alot of folk, just go down forest and think about what your chairman is doing to your reputation.

The thing is such decisions do and have happened for every club at one point or another. The only thing consistent in the referees is their utter ineptitude and inconsistencies in decisions.

The calling it out because VAR was a Luton fan on that particular game completely undermines any point being made. Makes the club look extremely childish and unprofessional.

See Chris Wilder being angry in January because the referees were eating a sandwich post match for another example of childish behaviour.

I have a mate who supports Huddersfield Town, he's been furious ever since they didn't get a an Absolute blatant penalty when they played forest in the playoff final when they got promoted. No crying then.

It seems the bottom 3 have found an excuse to distract people from poor performances. Big game for forest, and they chocked against an Everton side that is on a real slide. They did the same thing against Liverpool. Couldn't hang on because t can't defend corners, so made a big song and dance about refs, being against them. Calling var a "Luton fan." Neco Williams coming out "the big 6 would have been given them." To me, it sounds like its being instructed from the top to put pressure on refs. I dunno what clattenburg does there, he appears to be writing a big book of excuses.

League One is looking tasty for a Shrewsbury fan next season now we’ve secured our safety. Wrexham coming up and we’ll be desperate for revenge after the FA Cup this season, Stockport an hour away on the train, hopefully Burton stay up, Birmingham get relegated, and Crewe come up through the play-offs. We’re probably going to lose Derby though sadly.

League One is looking tasty for a Shrewsbury fan next season now we’ve secured our safety. Wrexham coming up and we’ll be desperate for revenge after the FA Cup this season, Stockport an hour away on the train, hopefully Burton stay up, Birmingham get relegated, and Crewe come up through the play-offs. We’re probably going to lose Derby though sadly.

Look at Barnsley. A shoe In for the playoffs a few weeks back. Could now drop out if this poor form continues

Double post but I think it's a big story.

Thoughts on the spending cap that may be brought in? Will obviously still advantage the bigger sides, but could potentially stop chairman throwing money at over expensive players and getting clubs into bother (forest and Everton.) not surprised to see Manchester's city and united voting against and Chelsea not even bothering.

Something needs to be done. This financial bubble that English football is in, is due to burst anytime soon. Can't rely on sky™ and TNT™ to keep the billions coming in.