• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Twice we've got more points than we deserved. People thought it was ok to just get the win in the first game even if the performance was rubbish. Same old rubbish from an amateur coach.

Laughably bad that.

How do players who play for some of the best sides in the country look so inept at every part of the game when playing for England.
Southgate...He persisted with a formation and midfield that didn't work in the first game. We have nothing on the left again. We can't seem to deal with teams that press, out passing is terrible and we have no composure.

Not a good start to the tournament, still time to change things but I'm afraid with the talent available it's all on Southgate IMO

At least you have 4 points and are more or less through, we need victory just to go through.

Never mind it’s coming home on the performance we’re going home!
Shocking. Disjointed

Play Jude and Rice in the middle, Palmer Foden and Sake behind Kane

Our defence doesn’t look bad - it’s the midfield that’s awful.

We need pace and creativity either side of Kane.

Thomas Frank for manager

It's not just that he can't put the right players in the team in the right positions though. It's the actual tactics and basic coaching that he can't get right. It's just inexcusable with this group of players. He doesn't know how to give the right instructions to whoever is on the pitch to get the best out of them. Where's the passion too? It just seems all too relaxed, and totally boring. Most of these players look fantastic for their domestic teams and Southgate has had his little happy camp for 4 tournaments now and presumably gets weeks and months between games to work on his tactics etc on the drawing board, then this pathetic excuse for football is the very best he can come up with. I'm glad that the world of punditry is tonight finally admitting to what I've been saying about him and his teams since his first England tournament. He's got no right to be managing a high ranking mens national team. Unfortunately they've been complicit in this going on for too many years now without calling it out.

Me after watching France and Netherlands play.
Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

God, that was a turgid affair that. This French was lucky to get a point and has yet to score an actual goal in this tournament and I'm getting VIBES of the 2002 World Cup side. Extremely talented, yet laborious to watch.

I find it funny that both England and France, the two favourites for Euro 2024, have not been firing on all cylinders so far and at this rate I can't see either of them reaching the last four.

On the plus side though, Poland are the first team to be eliminated which means Scotland won't be the first team out at least!

Poor decision to disallow the Netherlands goal. And it's the English refereeing team !!

We are shit at playing and shit at refereeing as well.

Oh, and shit at cricket too !

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

With the list of injuries we had going into the tournament, it was doomed before a ball had been kicked. Yes, the team were just bad overall and you have to feel for the fans who made all the effort...pity the team didn't do the same.

The penalty incident I feel was offside personally but we can't forget that dreadful injury for the Hungarian player.

Edit: In a funny twist, that has guaranteed that England are through, regardless of the outcome of their final group stage match much to the dismay of the Tartan Army.

An Argentine referee screwed us over by not giving us the penalty.

How poetic...in 1986 a certain Argentine player screwed England by raising his hand, now in 2024, an Argentine referee screwed Scotland by not raising his hand.

Suspect that love-in that Scots have for Argentine will be gone after this but hey, what comes round comes around after all these Maradona jokes the Tartan Army have aimed at England after all these years. Football does work in strange ways.

Scotland gonna Scotland.

If Armstrong had actually bothered to try and get a shot off rather than grab onto the defender he might have got a penalty.

Vargas (the one who got stretchered off) was apparently at least conscious in hospital. God knows what happened but when I rewatched the incident the way his body reacted to landing was an instant problem. His teammate knew it.

That was truly appalling and lacklustre game that only got good in the ten minutes of injury time, when both sides suddenly only decided then they had to go all out for the win.

Scotland only able to play the same sort of timid, passive football this tournament that England have managed, but with even less flair. Expected better.

I didn't realise that Steve Clarke was bemoaning the Argentinian ref because he doesn't speak an European language.

That's laughable as anything.

I didn't realise that Steve Clarke was bemoaning the Argentinian ref because he doesn't speak an European language.

That's laughable as anything.

That's brilliant, they definitely don't speak Spanish in Argentina eh?

England being lacklustre in the first half. Again.