• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

The Tartan Army are owed an apology, when you have apparently 5% of the Scottish population in Munich last night, all that support for nothing.

Yes, we knew a defeat to Germany was likely but at the very least put some effort in which we we didn't and I'm not sure if it was tactics, the players, the pressure or all three but this was a case of everything that could go wrong went horribly wrong. Ofc remember, we have been rocked by a list of injuries from Lyndon Dykes and Nathan Patterson just to name a few. Could they have done anything? I doubt it given how everyone in that team just looked scared.

Yes, as impressive as this looks for Germany, it might give them false hope in which I could see them struggle against a top team as even if they reach the knockout stage, can't see them going all the way.

Can Scotland get anything from Switzerland and Hungary? I honestly don't know, getting 4 points might not even be enough given the negative goal difference unless either Switzerland or Hungary suffer a similar bad defeat means that getting a third place spot is not enough so they have to win both games and honestly, I'd go home if I was a Scot out there.

Whilst I agree with everything you’ve said - you have some saving grace in that head to head results against openings tied on points is ahead of goal difference.

In reality this result may not matter if you get the 4 points.

Switzerland and Hungary will be no pushover. If Scotland play like that again I can see them finishing bottom of the group. I'm still amazed at how staggeringly bad they were last night. They should have looked at how Iceland played against England last week, that's how to play as the underdog.

What was that penalty all about in the Spain v Croatia game.

Why didn't the striker just put it in the net instead of falling over on purpose to get a penalty?

And as it was given then surely it should have been a red card ?

And the keeper also came off his line so it should have been retaken when the goal was chalked off for encroachment.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What was that penalty all about in the Spain v Croatia game.

Why didn't the striker just put it in the net instead of falling over on purpose to get a penalty?

And as it was given then surely it should have been a red card ?

And the keeper also came off his line so it should have been retaken when the goal was chalked off for encroachment.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Agree strongly on all points.

Double jeopardy is now a thing with penalties, though never sure how much contributes to "Denying clear goal scoring opportunity".

Then again the ref was Michael Oliver. So that probably explains it more.

Double jeopardy is now a thing with penalties, though never sure how much contributes to "Denying clear goal scoring opportunity".

Then again the ref was Michael Oliver. So that probably explains it more.

Depends if an attempt is made to play the ball or whether it’s a deliberate foul.

Haven’t seen the incident so can’t comment further on this particular case

I'm waiting for a shakey comment...
"Back in the day, you could kick someone off their bloody feet and the ref wouldn't even give a foul".
I remember Leeds back in the day.
Wouldn't have a player on the pitch now.

Depends if an attempt is made to play the ball or whether it’s a deliberate foul.

Haven’t seen the incident so can’t comment further on this particular case
Yes, there was no attempt to play the ball. Just attempted to play the man to hinder him.

We're just an embarrassment. It all makes sense when you look at the VAR too: "Two more Premier League referees will control things in the VAR room: Stuart Attwell is the main VAR, with David Coote and Dutchman Pol van Boekel assisting him".

How many more times do these people need to prove that they're incompetent before they stop putting them in the VAR room. More fool Uefa for employing them too.