• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

You've just given me an idea, Richie...

I knew, as soon as I posted that I thought, why, why did you do that.

Charity football game? I haven't played in years be hilarious!

@josht in goal with a pint in one hand, his vape in the other :D - @DiogoJ42 making us play with a Lego fappball if he's going to agree to play at all, @Sam making us learn about the social injustice of commercial sports, @AstroDan trying to make everyone play in the same direction - and anyone on his team must wear a blue coat!

I could go on... :D

EDIT: Ultimately everyone just gathers around the centre circle and just talks a lot about playing until the final whistle when @AstroDan goes and buys lots of coffees.

Well that will be the pressure right back on Pardew. The first time in 114 years that Sunderland have beaten Newcastle 4 times in a row...

Newcastle are plummeting again after a great run in October and November.

Well that will be the pressure right back on Pardew. The first time in 114 years that Sunderland have beaten Newcastle 4 times in a row...

Injury time winner that sucks

Could be worse....

Least we are the strongest team in the league, holding all other 19 teams up! :p

Could be worse....

Least we are the strongest team in the league, holding all other 19 teams up! :p
You should be doing much better, what with how you started the season and beating us 5-3 three months ago, but it's a shame that you've gone downhill since then.

It all went down hill when they lost to Palace a week later :p The more they suffer, the better, fills up a relegation spot! (Sorry about that Rob :p)

On the off chance it's actually true I made this for you:

57556283.jpg

Also adding LVG here, football quote of 2014... possibly ever.

Speaking of Di Marias recent injury:
"It is not a muscle injury," he said. "It is more the pelvis does not have the right relationship with the leg."

57556497.jpg

:D

Last edited:
I still think Mike Ashley is going to flog Newcastle, that's why Pardew is going, he'll try and buy Rangers fully - and why not?

Get it cheap now, easier to get into the CL, only thing that surprised me here is I thought he may appear at Ibrox.

Frank Lampard is solely a Manchester City player - and never signed a formal contract with New York City after leaving Chelsea

Well, this just got even more interesting.

In other news, Victor Valdes has signed an 18 month contract with Manchester United, with the potential for an extension of one year on top of that. Seems like a decent enough deal to me.

I've just been reading/watching about this. Apparently a contract wasn't due to start until January, which would explain there being no issues with his playing before the transfer window opened on the 1st and City's guarded response to it.

However having read that it seems they've properly done a sneaky!

I don't see the issue, I guess Lamps maybe wanted to respect Chelsea, but Chelsea didn't want him anyway.

Gerrard should have spoken to Lamps lol!

Valdes, good deal for Utd. Gerrard MLS? Oh silly Liverpool. I'd be fuming if I was a red. Say what you like about Man U, but you cannot argue with how they valued and used the experienced heads of their best players. Scholes, Giggs et al. I think the way Liverpool have treated Gerrard shows NO class at all.

Rogers seemed to feel telling Gerrard he was no longer a focal point was more important. It's like he felt more that it's what he SHOULD do. If that was the case, why leave him out at Madrid? Can you imagine Rafa having done that? And does Gerrard not deserve to play in those prestige games? Had Rogers forgot what happened in Istanbul?

I think Rogers, AND Martinez are being shown up for what they are this season. Average managers.

Everton look like Wigan more each passing week!

Sean Dyche. A young manager with promise. Pulis. You know what you're getting. Even Hughes, showing ambition, bringing the former wonderkid to Stoke and he's blossoming. I can never remember Everton looking this bad for many a year, and Rogers is turning Liverpool into a joke.

If I was Sterling, I'd be off.

As for Villa, seems Delph will be off somewhere - puts you straight into the Stewart Downing category - paid your wages whilst you were crocked, for MANY seasons, now wont sign a contract it SEEMS. Vlaar will be off as well. He probably is above our level in fairness, but he's been paid A LOT for being injured that much!

Benteke, he wont go in Jan I don't think - he needs half a season to recover his form. Summer though I reckon once he's back to full intensity. If Spurs come in for him we should give them the finger, cannot stand that club. We're a bigger club than they are! Just need to balance things out. I'd wish CB well when he moves on to a top club, as he will, much like I did with Youngy, before he came back and behaved like a cretin at VP, and Milner when he went to City.

Rumours and links persist with Messi to Chelsea, including both being linked to Turkish Airlines and Adidas. Messi? In the prem? Would he make it or be another Sheva? Could he cope with the physicality? Who in their right minds wouldn't want to find out? Let's hope he comes and tries his hand in the prem.

Foxes lining up a striker Chelsea wanted, lad turned them down to play... good lad! Okore did the same to come to VP, missed a season but just coming back now and my goodness that lad looks a player! If he's half as good as that quality wise he'll be great for Leicester. Rarely does Mou pick a dud player, even ones that don't work at Chelsea seem to go on and work elsewhere.

Wenger :tearsofjoy:- Good gracious man, buy a defender and a keeper lol!! In fact don't. I want Koeman to outwit you in one season with a fraction of the budget and having half his team sold. He's getting some great signings in already. What a great club. Being run superbly, even despite Tottenham's best efforts to destabilise any club they see as competition by going for their players, staff, and manager.

Very quiet start, Bony moving to City makes sense, they play a style similar to the Swans, passing, expansive, a shame though I like Swansea as a club, they have class and Monk seems a good bloke so let's hope it doesn't ruin their season!

The best thing about signing Valdes is that he didn't cost us a penny. :D

I'm honestly astounded that Rodgers has let Gerrard leave. His performance against Wimbledon on Monday night shows that he's still got a lot to give, and Rodgers just doesn't seem to care about that very much. I do wonder what will happen to Liverpool next season. Will they go further and further down the table? Does Brendan Rodgers even know what he's doing? What on earth's happening with Mario Balotelli, a guy who's only scored twice in a total of 17 appearances in all competitions, and no goals in the league in eleven appearances? I hate to say it, but Liverpool look to be on a downward trend again, made even more of a shock by how close they came to winning the title last season.

Can you remember any times Liverpool were successful being run by a "committee"?

ANY team for that matter?

When it mattered last year they bottled it. Could you imagine that happening with LVG?

THAT after game team talk from Gerrard. You've done a job, not won anything yet, get in the changing room, keep it measured and get on with it. It showed a small team mentality.

For example, CB, he has a top team arrogance about him. After every game he's not celebrating wins, or hard fought draws, he's berating everyone for missed opportunities to be more clinical, composed etc. If he was in Gerrard's position that day, he'd have been dishing out rollockings for missed chances lol! It annoys me a bit right now because he's not the finished article and is MISSING easy chances, but his ruthless mentality to the game I really love.

They're behaving like a small club punching above their weight, transfer "committees" letting their talisman leave without offering a new contract early when he openly committed his playing future, thus making him look a little silly.

Still have more class than Spurs but they have nothing LIKE the presence they should do. YOU ARE LIVERPOOL for goodness sakes!

Of course, this is coming from a Villa fan, with it's mentality of "Yes, we're a massive club, if you wouldn't mind baring with us as we're a little bit screwed at the moment", but at least Lambert never comes out to temper expectations! He does the opposite. Got to applaud the man for that.

Great transfer window for us so far, just got to hope that Kramaric gets his work permit. I'd imagine we want at least another two players, maybe three!

:)