• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

8834b57ee4ccd509a15dc0cab2574d9a.jpg

Not a happy bunny

Since the good signings of Basti et al. MUFC's transfer dealings have been embarrassing. Rumours are the De Gea deal has fallen through meaning we're stuck with an unhappy keeper who will get to leave on a free in the summer.

Martial is a good player but no way in hell worth £36m.

Since the good signings of Basti et al. MUFC's transfer dealings have been embarrassing. Rumours are the De Gea deal has fallen through meaning we're stuck with an unhappy keeper who will get to leave on a free in the summer.

Martial is a good player but no way in hell worth £36m.
Martial is worth £24M Max and De Gea won't play much Romero will start most and I can see a few chances being given to Valdes

I'm expecting the De Gea deal to still go through because Real Madrid pretty much own La Liga so they'll get their way, which is better for United. Valdes looking less likely to leave now his deal to Besiktas has collapsed. Would rather have him in goal than Barthez 2.0.

Agreed about Martial.

In a normal situation, I'd agree about Martial, but as things stood (without two strikers) hell yes is he worth £36m, especially considering the £240m for Neymar fiasco.

De Gea will go I'm sure; there's a FIFA investigation into the transfer now and like Danza said above, RM basically own La Liga.

Lucky United if that is the case.

In a normal situation, I'd agree about Martial, but as things stood (without two strikers) hell yes is he worth £36m, especially considering the £240m for Neymar fiasco.

De Gea will go I'm sure; there's a FIFA investigation into the transfer now and like Danza said above, RM basically own La Liga.

Lucky United if that is the case.
UEFA confirmed Real Madrid have not appealed

Wow, wasn't expecting that.

The saga continues...

January is still an option though surely? I'd cringe if he went out on a free.
I'm hoping but Van Gaal said he'd rather he left for free at the end of the season. This has put a spanner in our transfer dealings as Lloris had already travelled back from France to negotiate. Guess that's not happening.

Surprised De Gea didn't end up happening. What an awkward situation for both keepers. I wanted De Gea to stay but not under these circumstances. I think Madrid are ultimately at fault as they left it so late to get this done when the deal was always just a case of them meeting the price - DDG always wanted to go. Him leaving on a free will be a failure of LVG, or even Moyes & Woodward for not sorting out a new contract earlier on, as opposed to one season before it expired. Now what? Does he play or is he benched? Mess.

I've just seen reports that Zlatan could be joining Arsenal. I would like to see him in the PL.

The Zlatan Arsenal rumours have been going on all summer, when a rumour like that happens with no subsequent rumour of a bid, I tend not to buy it. Oh look there's a crappy pun. Hooray.

My dear Bolton are currently in turmoil awaiting a take-over bidder leaving us with a transfer budget of 0 and 1 goal for this months goal of the month competition. League One here we come. I've always found the league I bit uninteresting, so unless Lennon pulls out a miracle we're set to tussle with the Pie Eaters again. Joy.