• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

We just love exiting Europe! :D

Pathetic performance last night though to end a dismal tournament. The main failure here was the squad selection, too many players who were not in good form and/or not fully fit. Plus having a team full of Spurs players who had mentally gone after the end of the season.

Rooney now has to retire from international football, he was by far the worst of a bad bunch last night. A totally incompetent performance.

:)

As a Scot, do I have permission on here to laugh at England's misfortunes?:D

All seriousness, Iceland have been a well drilled team that deserve to be where they are, if they can beat France then I wouldn't be all that surprised. No pressure on Wales then as the sole British representative in the tournament, Geez that's something I'd never thought I'd say.

As a Scot, do I have permission on here to laugh at England's misfortunes?:D

All seriousness, Iceland have been a well drilled team that deserve to be where they are, if they can beat France then I wouldn't be all that surprised. No pressure on Wales then as the sole British representative in the tournament, Geez that's something I'd never thought I'd say.

We'll be out on Friday if both teams put in the same performance as the weekend. The twice we played Belgium in the group stages they never looked like scoring. Unfortunately they look like they have found their shooting boots just in time for the quarters. Neil Taylor is our real weak point and De Bruyne or Hazard could have a field day against him. That being said its a cup game and anyone can beat anyone so fingers crossed.

Who do you guys want as next England manager? I think Southgate is the safe option but I think it would be interesting if they could get someone like Pellegrini.

I think Southgate is the safe option but I think it would be interesting if they could get someone like Pellegrini.

Southgate? The man who struggles to get the under 21s performing and whose last job was Middlesbrough? I really will lose hope if he's the man who takes over. Right now I can't see a single English manager up to the job. Eddie Howe maybe but doubt he'd want it. Pellegrini would be a great appointment but I don't see it happening.

Southgate would be laughable! Mourinho would be perfect if he hadn't just gone to United.

Catching up a bit as I missed most of the round of 16, including England, as I was away. I've said all along that Iceland are not minnows and there to make up the numbers, they may only have a small population but they are a proper team. In qualifying they were fantastic in a tough group with Holland, Czech Republic and Turkey. That said, England should still be beating them. We had two strikers in the squad who scored nearly 60 goals between them this season. England are an embarrassment. I said from the start Hodgson would be a failure but I never imagined this much. England will not win anything if we keep going for dinosaurs. Wenger, as has been rumoured, would also be a disaster.

Portugal are the first team to reach the semis. Of the remaining teams I think Belgium, Italy and France will be joining them.

Harry Rednap has favoured Tim Sherwood for the England Job, could be a interesting selection.

Sherwood would be hilariously bad! Jürgen Klinsman is the man who shoud get the job; he knows football, is proven at international level and is German. Perfect! None of the other names thrown around come close.

What England should do is not get a manager because he's English. Why pick over a potential good foreign for someone who's mediocre and pick him because he's English?

Sherwood would be hilariously bad! Jürgen Klinsman is the man who shoud get the job; he knows football, is proven at international level and is German. Perfect! None of the other names thrown around come close.

A German managing the England team? Ooh lord that's almost like having an Englishman managing the Scotland team! Then again I suppose strange things always happen in football...

A German managing the England team? Ooh lord that's almost like having an Englishman managing the Scotland team! Then again I suppose strange things always happen in football...

The same could be said about Aussies managing the English cricket and rugby teams - that's gone rather well so far!

I genuinely don't care what nationality they are, as long as they're good.

Klinsman would be good. He's been going pretty steady with the American team this year. I think they've won something like 9/10 out of the 13 they've played so far.

So Plucky Iceland are finally knocked out, though we can all agree they won many hearts across the world.

So the semi final line up will be Portugal vs Wales and Germany vs France...I really do fancy Wales' chances against Portugal, the final though? I'm really undecided.

Iceland were fantastic and must be the only nation with 30,000 that now has millions of fans.

I think both semi-finals are evenly matched on paper but you would say the winner is most likely to come from France/Germany.