• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I think naked lion-taming would be less painful than being a United fan right now.

It really is.

It was bad last season. I fear thisnis worse.
I didn't want ETH anyway. No big league experience.

But he looks out of his depth. Conte before Spurs was the choice. Then Poch. Or left field, Graham Potter or Southgate.....

Two players are worth keeping. Bruno and Sancho - and the second is only because he can't be as shit as he has been since he's joined

Same old story. Until the Glazers are gone nothing will change. Managers aren't the issue, it's the same every time. The players are constantly letting the manager down, we've been saying that for months now. Would any other 'top' team (I use that lightly now) have McFred as their central midfield? Absolutely not. But the Glazers couldn't care less about investing to actually win trophies and properly in the club, it's all vanity projects and marketing. Old Trafford is a total sh*thole and literally falling apart. There's just such a lack of investment in all areas of the club. I know rivals like to use the 'they've spent X amount of money on players' but it's irrelevant when it's not backing the manager with what they actually want and need. There's zero long-term strategy.

As long as the money keeps coming in the Glazers simply couldn't care less. They know they're hated, but they can stay in the States and enjoy their time with Bucs in Florida while they continue to milk United. I'm not expecting rival fans to 'get it', but yeah, the owners are the problem, it's as simple as that.

Same old story. Until the Glazers are gone nothing will change. Managers aren't the issue, it's the same every time. The players are constantly letting the manager down, we've been saying that for months now. Would any other 'top' team (I use that lightly now) have McFred as their central midfield? Absolutely not. But the Glazers couldn't care less about investing to actually win trophies and properly in the club, it's all vanity projects and marketing. Old Trafford is a total sh*thole and literally falling apart. There's just such a lack of investment in all areas of the club. I know rivals like to use the 'they've spent X amount of money on players' but it's irrelevant when it's not backing the manager with what they actually want and need. There's zero long-term strategy.

As long as the money keeps coming in the Glazers simply couldn't care less. They know they're hated, but they can stay in the States and enjoy their time with Bucs in Florida while they continue to milk United. I'm not expecting rival fans to 'get it', but yeah, the owners are the problem, it's as simple as that.
Let's just remember they haven't ever spent a penny at the club. It's all revenue generated by us. We had £400m cash in our accounts 4 years ago. Now £50m

Who in there right mind is going want to sepnd the £4 billion needed to buy the club, the £1 billion needed to rebuild the stadium, £500m on the training ground and facilities and ANOTHER £500m on a footballing structure and players.

What has happened should be outlawed by the government. Its a scandal.

And the annoying thing is we're a victim of our own success. I go regularly to the games but even if we all refused to go, they would survive with an empty stadium due to the massive commercial draw from the Asian Market.

Our decline will end in relegation and at that point they will sell up. Only then it's to far back to the top.

The club is gone. Its feasible that we won't win the league or champions league again in my lifetime. And I'm only 37.

Don't get me started ...... what's happened at united is far worse than anything Merlin have done to Alton
Oof, that's saying a lot.

I have been speaking with my old man about that game and we both feel that if they lose or fail to win in their next game then Manchester United will surely be relegated.

It's just sad honestly for growing up seeing that club win nearly everything each season was commonplace, now they are a sorry state though I feel like for fans who suffered at their hands for many years will feel this is long awaited karma; I suspect a similar mindset might happen to Man City many years down the line but that's just my thoughts...

Oof, that's saying a lot.

I have been speaking with my old man about that game and we both feel that if they lose or fail to win in their next game then Manchester United will surely be relegated.

It's just sad honestly for growing up seeing that club win nearly everything each season was commonplace, now they are a sorry state though I feel like for fans who suffered at their hands for many years will feel this is long awaited karma; I suspect a similar mindset might happen to Man City many years down the line but that's just my thoughts...

Right now I can't see us picking up any points until Palace at home mid September.

I also can't see anyone of those players starting elsewhere. Rashford? Linked with PSG I'll drive him their myself.

The players linked are either failed or over the hill (Rabiot, Icardi)

And whilst I can understand rival fans gloating, you all have to admit that the Fergie years were built and funded by good management and success that bred more succes. Not one club deserves what is happening here.

I think only Newcastle fans cam truly sympathise here as their clubs also been through this.

I honestly think the way to go is for a world wide fan based initiative leading to a fan ownership model. If all our fans put just £1 in, we would have enough to buy them out. Obviously the richer fans would put in more.

I really could go on but this is a theme park forum not a football forum.

Well then, Rangers have made it into the Champions League alongside Celtic which means that for the first time the Old Firm will be in the group stage for the first time since 2008 meaning we have 6 British clubs in the CL.

Tomorrow with Heart of Midlothian playing in the Europa League play-off, another Scottish team outside the Old Firm will have European football until Christmas.

Surely now is the time to stop calling Scottish football a farmers league if you please. ;)

Has anyone watched the "Welcome to Wrexham" documentary on Disney+ ?

Just wondered on some outside opinions what you thought of it?

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes more than I thought I would, even if it did trigger some bad games PTSD!

Has anyone watched the "Welcome to Wrexham" documentary on Disney+ ?

Just wondered on some outside opinions what you thought of it?

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes more than I thought I would, even if it did trigger some bad games PTSD!
Forgot about that one, is it worth watching? Just finished the Arsenal one.

I've watched the first couple of episodes. Much more interesting, as usual, than watching a documentary about a successful Premier League club. 30 minutes is a good episode length as well.

Wesley Fofana, what a..... not very nice person.

7 year contract at Chelsea, but he'll probably have his toys out of the pram again in a couple of years if Real Madrid come calling.

Wesley Fofana, what a..... not very nice person.

7 year contract at Chelsea, but he'll probably have his toys out of the pram again in a couple of years if Real Madrid come calling.

As a Chelsea fan I think we have definitely more than overpaid for him. I hope he actually performs well and solidifies our defence.

As a Chelsea fan I think we have definitely more than overpaid for him. I hope he actually performs well and solidifies our defence.
I think you’ve got a bargain, if he’d have stayed another year at Leicester he’d have been worth even more. He’s a heck of a player, but I do think he’s left us a year too early. He’ll make mistakes, get caught out of position, and another year of developing at Leicester with less pressure would have done him good.

The way he’s handled himself has been pathetic though, especially when you consider he was supposedly so happy to sign a 5 year contract in March. I fully expect him to do that same if Real Madrid come calling one day, seeing as he’s already quoted as say they are his dream club to play for.

Chelsea needed replacements for Rudiger and Christensen, I think they are good replacements. Im starting to question if Tuchel is really the right manager for the club, looking at Werner ripping up the Bundesliga again makes me wonder why he was so poor in the prem.

Auba having the number 9 shirt worries me as our history with number 9s is not great