• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Scotland promoted to League A and England relegated to League B...who's the wee team now? ;)

Now we have that play-off for Euro 2024 as a back up. Still, this is a rare time to have Scotland above the rest of the Home Nations here, really don't know what to think.

Scotland promoted to League A and England relegated to League B...who's the wee team now? ;)

Now we have that play-off for Euro 2024 as a back up. Still, this is a rare time to have Scotland above the rest of the Home Nations here, really don't know what to think.
Come on mate, it isn't a real competition though is it!

Come on mate, it isn't a real competition though is it!

Fair play to them going you though.

I don't worry for England. The future is bright still, and I think we will come good. Long term, I feel Southgate is still the man.

I was just thinking that my comment was a bit tightfisted and poor spirited...
But then I thought sod it, he's a smoky old celtic crow, he is used to it.
Stupid tournament in a very busy season.
Must get value out of those expensive players though.

Congratulations Alba, seems like you've had steady progress under Clark and you nearly avenged yourselves against Ukraine too.

I agree its a pointless tournament :p We threw everything at the WC playoffs which hampered our Nations League progress. 2 last minute defeats to the Netherlands and playing the second string against Poland did us in. At least KDB has admitted he's fed up playing against us, we did let Belgium win for once though ;)

Fair play to them going you though.

I don't worry for England. The future is bright still, and I think we will come good. Long term, I feel Southgate is still the man.

As an outsider looking in I can't help but feel if Southgate doesn't make the last 16 he'll be gone and if he lost that game to Germany the calls for his head before the tournament would have been immense pre-tournament.

I'm looking forward to November 29th, for the first time I feel we can get at England and start on the front foot. Especially with James, Johnson and Moore up front against a completely dejected looking Maguire. If James had any footballing brain in the final third he'd still be at Man United.

I can't stand Southgate and his stubbornness. Really lost interest in the national side over recent years, sure it would be great to win the World Cup but it would be equally amusing to see us knocked out following a defeat to Wales.

No doubt James Maddison will be sitting at home watching it all, regardless of club form.

Will watch it when most of the episodes are up. No way I'm waiting a week to watch each short episode. Will binge it in a month or so. Delayed gratification.

The "Welcome to Wrexham" series finished yesterday and I thought overall it was well done, with a couple of cringey moments, namely the hooligans episode and the Wide World of Wales episodes. I am still unsure why Humphrey Kerr auditioning for Obi Wan Kenobi was in there, even if I did find it hilarious. It's definitely aimed at Americans and seems to have done the trick in getting demand on the other side of the pond buying everything in the club shop.

I think you did well leaving it until the end @BarryZola. The show format was all over the place with 2 episodes one week, 3 another and 4 one week.

I'd say it stands up well compared to the Class of 92 and Sunderland TID documentaries.

The "Welcome to Wrexham" series finished yesterday and I thought overall it was well done, with a couple of cringey moments, namely the hooligans episode and the Wide World of Wales episodes. I am still unsure why Humphrey Kerr auditioning for Obi Wan Kenobi was in there, even if I did find it hilarious. It's definitely aimed at Americans and seems to have done the trick in getting demand on the other side of the pond buying everything in the club shop.

I think you did well leaving it until the end @BarryZola. The show format was all over the place with 2 episodes one week, 3 another and 4 one week.

I'd say it stands up well compared to the Class of 92 and Sunderland TID documentaries.
Thanks for reminding me to go and watch it :)

Well the WC is about to start and yet I can't care less about such a sham tournament this year.

Anyway, watching the Scotland game right now and why on earth are they playing in England colours? Surely not obsessed are we, right...?

It’s abhorrent that Qatar was ever selected as a host nation, the tournament is soaked in blood money and hatred. That many are so willing to look the other way on this to watch men kick a ball around a field will remain baffling to me.

Interestingly, while LGBTQ+ venues have been clear in not showing any of the games for months now, Camp & Furnace (a major player in the mainstream Liverpool scene) have also announced they won’t be holding any viewings. Have any other major venues in your area adopted this approach too?

To be clear, football is not more important than human rights violations - ever. To anyone who is happy to support the World Cup and Qatar, please don’t consider yourself an Ally.

Its a group of men kicking ball in a field next door to LGBTQ+ people being murdered

Really this is the perfect excuse to go out and watch lower league games.
Manchester fan (either colour) wondering how to survive the next month? Go watch League 2 Stockport County V Leyton Orient on Saturday!
If you aren't able to get out then there are still plenty of Women's Super League and FA Cup matches coming up on Freeview!

I simply can't watch any of the World Cup. It wouldn't be morally acceptable for a number of reasons. I've long-held the belief that Qatar should never have been given the hosting rights, and not just because of the issues surrounding the LGBTQ+ community.

A week to go and I still haven't listened to World In Motion yet. Would usually be into double figures by now.

Even without the obvious human rights issues, from a football perspective the World Cup should be nowhere near this part of the world.

Still though I'm excited to sit on my are and watch every single match, so bring it on.

What. An. Idiot.

Pretty much his own Kevin Keegan moment. He has honestly lost the plot and secretly having a meltdown over the recent alcohol ban and that only now the criticism is getting to him.

If this WC turns into an utter crap fest, which I hope it does, then he must step down over that interview.

I would love to see that whoever wins the World Cup during the awarding of the cup to the captain refuses and hands it back...THAT would be a statement to make.

It'd just be typical that the one World Cup no one cares about and shouldn't be happening in the first place is the one England will win. 😂
If they did is that when it comes to hand over the trophy to the team, they turn it down and walk away as a statement of wanting nothing to do with this WC and turning down a chance of ending many years of hurt for decency. Even the most die hard member of the Tartan Army would applaud that.