• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

This has been a problem though for at least half a century...I remember mates swapping vouchers and getting extra programmes for mates to get vouchers for away game tickets at Old Trafford in the seventies.
Spaces are limited, demand vastly exceeds supply, and prices are fixed (at expensive levels).
You can't square the circle, tickets, especially away tickets for "hot" matches, are extremely limited.
Ballots are/aren't fair depending on how far into the scheme you have managed to get.
Be an idle armchair fan, less cost, nice and warm chair, and the coasters to go to instead...

Viera has been sacked from Crystal Palace, Surprised me but then from 12-20th is only 5 points! Heating up at the bottom of the table!

Not won in 2023, 3 games on the trot with zero shots on target, generally poor performances.

Not helped by poor investment into the squad mind. But the manager bears the brunt of it all.

It's a shame managers don't last as long as they used to. Most current league managers have been in their jobs for less than a year, (the longest serving manager is currently Simon Weaver of Harrogate Town who spent most of his 13 year tenure in non-league).

Difficult to know what happens behind closed doors, but unless the players had lost confidence in him, this feels like the wrong decision.

As @Benzin said above, it feels like the owners have not invested in the club.

Finding a striker is the hardest and most expensive part of the team, but it just feels like this is where we are lacking. Apart from the Tottenham Hotspur game, we have looked solid at the back. We just need to score more goals. Looking at the league table, with the exception of Leicester and Leeds, all the teams around us have score a similar number.

You find a striker who can score ten goals a season, and thats what gets you in to the top half.

Ideally, we will have someone appointed within a week, so they can start to work with the players during the international window, and we can go on a six game winning streak in April :)

Lack of investment means losing your midfield 3 of previous season (loanee, free transfer and injury) and replacing them with 1 player.

At same time with strikers 3 of the "Saves of the Month" in January were against Palace, so the luck wasn't there either.

Must be said, the alternatives lend a certain question to the decision. Because they don't scream improvement.

Oh deary me, Fulham. Three red cards in about two minutes. One for Willian for a handball on the line (the subsequent penalty was scored), one for Mitrovic for confronting the referee (and actually touching him), and one for Marco Silva for talking to the referee while he was in the VAR review area. Not seen scenes like that for quite a while.

There is never a need for a player to touch a referee. I think it should be an immediate red, so Mitrovic definitely deserved that one. Not sure why Bruno Fernandes didn’t get punished after he touched the linesman against Liverpool though 🤔

An absolute meltdown from Fulham, bizarre because they were looking good for the win. Hilarious.

There is never a need for a player to touch a referee. I think it should be an immediate red, so Mitrovic definitely deserved that one. Not sure why Bruno Fernandes didn’t get punished after he touched the linesman against Liverpool though 🤔

I think because Mitrovic's was clearly an act of aggression and he initiated the contact, plus he was squaring up to the ref. If I remember correctly, the linesman initiated the contact with Fernandes and his was more an act of petulance. They're not the same, in my opinion.

Sheff Wed drew against Bolton on Friday but it's not the end of the world. We've got Barnsley on Tuesday which is one of our games in hand, then Forest green on Sunday which should be a walk in the park. Then, including Forest Green, we've got three games before they next play due to their cup final against Bolton. Therefore we have the chance to go up to 10 points ahead by the time they next play in the league on April 7th! (And we have another game in hand too) Time will tell though, and we'll take it one game at a time.

Ahh, right. Poor Burnley. 😂😂

Just for the record, I’m not a City fan.

**sits back and waits for the mountain of shite to come at me for West Ham’s season so far** 🤣

Poor West Ham. I am not sure what hasa gone wrong. Moyes is a great manager. Some good players coming in. Was particularly excited by Scammacca (the Italian striker) - good record in Serie A.

Even Rice looks poor.

I’m glad they’ve stuck with Moyes for this long because most other clubs would’ve got rid by now. The owners believe in him and I do, unfortunately the typical paying supporters have lost confidence. I think we will scrape through this season.

Its a difficult one, without Parish we would not have a club. But we were not struggling defensively under Patrick, we were struggling to score goals, which is the same issue we had with Roy at the end.

Paris has got the Academy upgraded to Category One Status, and the new stadium development is coming along slowly. So investment in the long term of the club is there. We have some exciting youngsters coming through.

Just have to hope the Roy finds the magic touch, gets the players scoring and we can get a few wins on the bounce, as things will look a lot better after a couple of wins.

Annoyingly Sheff Wed's unbeaten run finally came to an end on Tuesday, pushing us back into second. Luckily though we've got three games before Plymouth next play and two before Ipswich, meaning we can go up to 7 and 9 points clear respectively. Next game is against Forest Green so that is an almost guaranteed 3 points, and Cheltenham shouldn't be too difficult either.