• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I still have the line "The Crazy Gang have beaten the Culture Club" resonating in my head. (He said this when Wimbledon beat Liverpool in the 1988 FA Cup final).

Has anyone on here been to an away match?

Hoping to finally go to an away match (Barnsley v Sheff Wed) for the first time soon... If I can get tickets. They go on sale through the Owls on Monday to Season ticket holders, and won't be on general sale until next Friday (10th). I'm worried that they'll sell out before I'm even able to get a look in. Would I be able to get tickets through Barnsley instead? They do list the away stand prices on their ticket details page unlike the Owls. Or will I have to wait until Friday and hope tickets will still be available though Sheff Wed? The allocation is 4,635.

Last edited:
Has anyone on here been to an away match?

Hoping to finally go to an away match (Barnsley v Sheff Wed) for the first time soon... If I can get tickets. They go on sale through the Owls on Monday to Season ticket holders, and won't be on general sale until next Friday (10th). I'm worried that they'll sell out before I'm even able to get a look in. Would I be able to get tickets through Barnsley instead? They do list the away stand prices on their ticket details page unlike the Owls. Or will I have to wait until Friday and hope tickets will still be available though Sheff Wed? The allocation is 4,635.
All away tickets are sold on the visiting club's website, the prices are only on Barnsley's website for information only. To be completely honest, you've got absolutely zero chance of getting a ticket for a derby match away. You need priority points from previous away games to stand any remote chance of getting one, as the later selling periods are incredibly unlikely to go ahead.

Speaking from experience as a Toon fan, it's hard work, and these days almost impossible to get on the away ticket bandwagon for teams with large away followings I'm afraid. The further away the club is to travel to and the more awkward the date (midweek fixtures) gives you a better chance on rare occasions.

I’ve been to an away game as a “home” fan before. I’m a Spurs fan from London but I live in Newcastle, one time a few years back my neighbour who has a Toon season ticket couldn’t go and so let me use his ticket for it. Let’s just say I kept very quiet indeed during the match and resisted the urge the cheer when we scored! Thing is though we often tend to lose up there funnily enough but we won that game

Last edited:
£10 ticket to sit in the home stands for Stoke Vs Norwich was good.

As Craig said good luck getting tickets for an away derby.

All away tickets are sold on the visiting club's website, the prices are only on Barnsley's website for information only. To be completely honest, you've got absolutely zero chance of getting a ticket for a derby match away. You need priority points from previous away games to stand any remote chance of getting one, as the later selling periods are incredibly unlikely to go ahead.

Speaking from experience as a Toon fan, it's hard work, and these days almost impossible to get on the away ticket bandwagon for teams with large away followings I'm afraid. The further away the club is to travel to and the more awkward the date (midweek fixtures) gives you a better chance on rare occasions.
I can only agree Craig..."as a Toon fan, it is hard work".
Historically correct as well!

Thanks @Craig, yeah as soon as I saw tickets for the Portsmouth game sell out just four days after going on sale to season ticket holders (and four days before general sale) I knew the chance of me getting tickets to the Barnsley game is basically nil. It's a shame, as I've never been to an away match (or sat behind the goal for that matter) and a local one would be a good start as it's easy to get to. I'll keep an eye on it though, just in case.

The Barnsley game is on Sky anyway, so I'll just watch it that way if I can't physically be there. After beating Peterborough today though, we've gone 21 games unbeaten! 🤯

I'm a Liverpool fan and away Premier League games is a closed shop, think one game this year went to all season ticket holders (not me). The rest all went to people with the credits from previous seasons. The few league, fa Cup, and European aways I've done have all been tickets I've got through friends.

I do however have credits for league cup aways so try and get to them each season to keep that ticking over. Best thing with them is if you get to an away game in top of attending all the home matches in the league cup you'd be guaranteed a ticket for the final.

Wheras in European fixtures since 2006/07 Liverpool have reached 5 European finals were I've attended every home game and failed to get a ticket in the ballot.

Laughed it up. Still clear in third and playing good football.

It was a real off day, but we've still made a lot of progress this season. Can the same be said of Liverpool?

Hope Andy Robertson (same surname as me ironically) is alright... a Liverpool fan invaded the pitch and slipped on the grass, then wiped him clean out. Was holding his knee. Hope the so-called "fan" gets a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime one. 🤬

Hope Andy Robertson (same surname as me ironically) is alright... a Liverpool fan invaded the pitch and slipped on the grass, then wiped him clean out. Was holding his knee. Hope the so-called "fan" gets a lengthy ban, preferably a lifetime one. 🤬
We need him for the Scotland games coming up...him being out is us up the creek for qualification!