• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

I can see the appeal for Air to return, but definitely think that whilst the opportunity is here to tie everything in Forbidden Valley together, the park should grab it by the horns and fully commit. Totally agree that Air (and Galactica) have always felt totally out of place for me… the theme doesn’t even remotely fit the aesthetic of Forbidden Valley whatsoever.

If they’re not wanting to fully commit to a Phalanx style coaster in its entirety, i’d support some new theming scattered around the ride area such as old pieces of track, perhaps some fibreglass structures coming out of the ground resembling Nemesis’ origins, breaking out into other areas of Forbidden Valley?

It doesn’t have to be a major re theme obviously because the focus should totally be on the brand new Nemesis experience, but a few quid chucked towards Galactica to finally receive some well deserved decent theming would be fantastic and couldn’t come at a more opportune time.

It doesn’t have to be a major re theme obviously because the focus should totally be on the brand new Nemesis experience, but a few quid chucked towards Galactica to finally receive some well deserved decent theming would be fantastic and couldn’t come at a more opportune time.
Trouble is if you just chuck a few quid at it then you end up with an even worse Phalanix, Galactia, Air mash-up. At least Air told its story, it flew through a nicely landscaped area, it was just missing the final touches of landscaping. Galactica makes no sense without the VR as there is nothing space themed to it.
If you just added some Nemesis themed stuff then its even worse trying to combine three things. At least if they reverted back to Air it would just be a nicely landscaped space.

Trouble is if you just chuck a few quid at it then you end up with an even worse Phalanix, Galactia, Air mash-up. At least Air told its story, it flew through a nicely landscaped area, it was just missing the final touches of landscaping. Galactica makes no sense without the VR as there is nothing space themed to it.
If you just added some Nemesis themed stuff then its even worse trying to combine three things. At least if they reverted back to Air it would just be a nicely landscaped space.
Oh yeah, totally agree. It needs much more than just a few quid thrown at it. If the tunnel finally got some well deserved theming, track repaint, possibly new trains (all of this i’m perfectly aware is WAY outside of any realistic budget the attraction will probably EVER receive at this point) it could be great.

But you’re absolutely right, if it’s not given the right budget (which it won’t as the park will be putting their all into Nemesis at this stage) it will just be a total mishmash and yet another failed retheme.

At this point though I reckon we’re more likely to see it removed and replaced with another attraction before we see any money chucked at it for another retheme… especially when you consider how much of a failure and waste of money Galactica ended up being - there’s no chance Merlin would be willing to throw more money at just a retheme at this point.

I really wish they would go down the route of making Air a sort of Swarm theme that your flying over a disaster strewn oasis after the Nemesis monster tried to escape.

So are we assuming FV will have a new complimentary flat ride for the launch of Nemesis 2.O? Surely the temporary flat has to go and I was thinking something along the lines of Chessington’s Ostrich Stampede would be a great, cheap flat ride to fit in that space, Obviously I big down grade from Rip Saw but I’m sure we’re all take anything at this point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are we assuming FV will have a new complimentary flat ride for the launch of Nemesis 2.O? Surely the temporary flat has to go and I was thinking something along the lines of Chessington’s Ostrich Stampede would be a great, cheap flat ride to fit in that space, Obviously I big down grade from Rip Saw but I’m sure we’re all take anything at this point!

if they get a flat ride i hope it would something a bit better than the SBF rides at Chessington, maybe a Zamperla Nebulaz? But at this point alton towers needs anything they can get in terms of permanent flat rides.

That would be better but just depends on there budget, do they have a thrill rating for that specific area? As they always put more thrilling rides there such as RipSaw & the current temporary flat ride. They already have a pirate ship there so maybe they could go for a little more Thrilling again perhaps.

They’ve proven that bringing back an old dark/flat ride has been a popular choice (NST) so perhaps this strengthens the business case for installing a new Topspin and name it something like Ripsaw Returns or Ripsaw’s Revenge.

Could market it on the lines of “due to recent excavation works around the Nemesis creature, the Phalanx have had to bring in additional support to help with excavations.”

Wasn’t Ripsaw themed to be some sort of valley excavator/ cutting machine?

I’d be extremely surprised if we didn’t see some kind of new themed flat in Forbidden Valley next year. Hell, just bring back Ripsaw and build a new topspin!

I also think it’s likely some work will be done to Galactica/Air because it really is in a bit of a state at the moment. Whether they re theme it (again) is another matter.

I think we could all agree that galactica needs a re-theme and overhaul to fit in with forbidden valley and the new nemesis next year. So here’s what i would do.

Name - Phalanx Flight/Flyer
Theme - A journey through the phalanx’s outdoor scientific testing facility. This testing facility is testing our new ways and ideas to keep the nemesis monster under control. Near the end of the ride, one of the experiments goes wrong, and a new building surrounding the break run would feature a scene where a test goes wrong, and nemesis tentacles appear through props or projections. The portal would be changed into another one of the testing ideas. There would be 3-4 of these mini scenes around the ride, including one on the portal, one on the breaks and 1 or 2 more. Maybe one when you are turned on your back, with mist and water effects to the side. I would overhaul the station with new screens and props featuring experiments and nemesis tentacles creeping in from the top of the building to enhance the station. I would paint the track dark red, with some small black highlights in places.

Thoughts on a potential retheme to Galactica for 2024 to coincide with the reopening of Nemesis? There seems to be some evidence pointing towards it potentially happening, with many in agreement that Galactica will receive a refresh for next season.

I think a retheme is coming for 2024. The ride is hanging, much like Duel was in 2022, and this level of neglect surely signifies a retheme is coming.

Also, Galactica’s portal very closely resembles the Nemesis “rebel” logo which has been plastered around the site and has featured heavily in recent marketing.

I’m not sure how they’ll do it, but I can definitely see Galactica being no more in 2024.

IMG_0227.gif

IMG_0271.jpeg

There's no money to be made in putting in back to Air, it wouldn't be very marketable and it wouldn't really achieve anything. So I think it's highly unlikely. Oh and that tunnel is never going to the themed.
I think you underestimate a bit on how many people still call it air. On rare occasions I've seen some people on site wearing clothing with airs branding. So air as a brand is still and personally more popular to people than Galactica, from what I've experienced anyway. I know this isn't a sonic back to spinball situation, just rebranding it back to air would be very disappointing, only offering new air merchandise at the bare minimum, but adding that unused concept theming around the ride would definitely get people's attention. All of Tower's roller coasters aside from Octonouts and Spinball have a dark theme, seeing a ride rethemed back to its lighter theme with MORE theming and spectacle in the area could really make people interested. It's something very different that modern towers really doesn't offer. If the poor VR gimmick could bring guests in, I believe an improved version of air could do the same, and perhaps outdo Galactica.

Last edited:
I agree, and it could potentially be a chance to actually theme that tunnel.
Projections of John Wardley in his iconic jacket on the walls yelling “Get a life.”

Jokes apart Galactica is looking rather sad especially in the station. Seems like they can’t get the lighting right and since the VR got taken off it just feels strange- the videos of Eve telling you about your flight just seem redundant.
It’s a fantastic ride and deserves a little bit of love- I love the balance of the more calming experience vs the more intense coasters at Towers.