• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

JayTricky

TS Member
Team Edit: A number of posts in here have been moved from the Nemesis topic. Please utilise this topic for general discussion about the future of Forbidden Valley and leave the Nemesis topic for the ride itself.

Galactica needs to be totally rethemed if FV is really going to shine next year. You'll have this great new Nemesis, lots of other theming elements regarding the Phalanx, tentacles etc... then this out of place light blue space themed coaster.

I just can't see them doing it. Budget wise etc. But i'd love a Galactica retheme to something Phalanx releated. Link in the 'flying' aspect to being a Phalanx operative overseeing the Nemesis site or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Galactica needs to be totally rethemed if FV is really going to shine next year. You'll have this great new Nemesis, lots of other theming elements regarding the Phalanx, tentacles etc... then this out of place light blue space themed coaster.

I just can't see them doing it. Budget wise etc. But i'd love a Galactica retheme to something Phalanx releated. Link in the 'flying' aspect to being a Phalanx operative overseeing the Nemesis site or something.
I disagree. I personally don't want another roller coaster with a dark theme, we have more than enough of those, and rides that are black/grey. The be nice if they redid Galacticas area into its own little area and keep that 'hero' theme of it while not clashing with Forbidden Valleys area. Make a yin yang situation. It'd be more unique than a Phalanx themed ride when we already pretty much have a ride themed to them (Nemesis Sub Terra).

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Galactica’s original theme (Air). An oasis in the desert, tranquility in the midst of the nemesis dig and discovery. Trouble is, they did a right half arsed job of it. Station, tunnels, fly overs and that god awful maintenance shed you flew over as you finished. The original vision for Air was perfect. Galactica was a mess from the beginning.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Galactica’s original theme (Air). An oasis in the desert, tranquility in the midst of the nemesis dig and discovery. Trouble is, they did a right half arsed job of it. Station, tunnels, fly overs and that god awful maintenance shed you flew over as you finished. The original vision for Air was perfect. Galactica was a mess from the beginning.
That was down to cuts to the theming budget initially because of extra, unforeseen costs of developing the ride I think. Not making excuses for them to have improved it in the years following though.

That was down to cuts to the theming budget initially because of extra, unforeseen costs of developing the ride I think. Not making excuses for them to have improved it in the years following though.
The also had a venture capitalist buyout at the time. They really put the brakes on the budget, in order to generate more cash.

I'm calling it. Huw - The Ride

A thrilling tour through the Welsh valleys ending in an upbrupt stop
That's your trick track part.

Disagree. Always thought it was a lazy cop out and felt weird at the end of Forbidden Valley.

I apologise if this is controversial, but I’m agreeing more with the opinion aired by @RicketyCricket myself.

Air always felt a bit out of place within Forbidden Valley to me, and Galactica didn’t really change that in either direction. It feels no more out of place than Air ever did for me, and perhaps controversially, I like the theme and aesthetic of Galactica more than I ever liked Air’s.

For my money, Galactica at least has a go at being a somewhat themed ride, whereas Air never really had any theming or theme at all. Although to be honest, they’re still pretty similar rides overall; I know I’ll get flamed for this, so I apologise in advance, but I don’t understand why Air is so revered as a theme while Galactica is so hated.

I do agree that I’d support Galactica being rethemed at this stage, however. In an ideal world, I’d love to see it tied into the Nemesis/Phalanx story in some way.

I hope they do something with Galactica to blend it in more, but it will take imagination to do it in a way that doesn't make it look like the 'other' coaster in the area, or that doesn't involve yet another cookie cutter black painted dark secret sinister organisation theme.

There are probably ways of doing it that make it look less jarring, but without having to get the depressingly dark paint out and just making it look like most of the other coasters in the park. I think Air at least attempted to blend with the rock work making the transition look less silly and it carried a simple flying theme that was never explained. Now, the rock work has had job lot grey paint slopped over it and the ride carries a generic Space "theme", and it doesn't even do that very well.

Galactica feels more out of place than Air did, but I wouldn't want Air to return to its original form again.

Last edited:
I disagree. I personally don't want another roller coaster with a dark theme, we have more than enough of those, and rides that are black/grey. The be nice if they redid Galacticas area into its own little area and keep that 'hero' theme of it while not clashing with Forbidden Valleys area. Make a yin yang situation. It'd be more unique than a Phalanx themed ride when we already pretty much have a ride themed to them (Nemesis Sub Terra).
I think they could tie Galactica into the phalanx theme without changing the tone or branding but still bring forbidden valley together as a cohesive area. Nemesis is already themed to an alien and they could change Galactica to be themed to a phalanx team to investigate space, i think there is a lot in the nemesis comic they could work from. all they would really have to change would be the pre ride video and they could still keep all the Galactica branding the same.