• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

As can be seen here along with the new "entrance" to FV

1709070166990.png

Also, I wonder what the reasoning is for paving the ground under the first turn?

1709070236399.png

And Galactica is looking very bright and fresh:
1709070480054.png

From Danny’s pics and also seeing it in person, I’m not sure it’s paving but actually some kind of gravel. As it looked as if they were putting a plastic sheet base down. Not so sure why, I did wonder if it would have some kind of pond or water effects there, as there’s also a shipping container hidden out of sight which could possibly be some kind of treatment room or something.

From Danny’s pics and also seeing it in person, I’m not sure it’s paving but actually some kind of gravel. As it looked as if they were putting a plastic sheet base down. Not so sure why, I did wonder if it would have some kind of pond or water effects there, as there’s also a shipping container hidden out of sight which could possibly be some kind of treatment room or something.
Would be ace if that was part of a new closed water supply to allow the dye to return. We can hope!

Have we thought of an affectionate name or over complicated acronym for Blade yet? Bladz? Bladsey? Bladerz? TBLD? It needs our love after serving us so valiantly for all these years.

Whilst I can't imagine that painting a 44 year old, battered former pirate ship would ever look good, I'm willing to bet it's a massive improvement on the dog poo brown and garish yellow that was carelessly slopped over it a few years ago. Plus it means that a much needed family flat, the only one in the park that is (slightly) older than me lives on to fight another season or two at the very least.

Welcome to X Sector 2.0. Image by TPJ.
1000045182.jpg

I am going to offer a wager.
We will see some announcements later this year about a closure period for similar and oblivion with a serious refurb of both taking place. Nothing like this but a significant refurb over closed season.

These areas have an identical feel, albeit they are totally different in reality.

They’re certainly a little closer than they were before but I think the big slimy alien is enough to differentiate Valley from X Sector, it’s like how Th13teen and Wicker Man take “Spooky theme in the woods” in pretty different directions.

X sector is covered in grey concrete with industrial pipe stylings. FV will still be full of irregular rock formations, natural terrain and now has tentacles sprouting all over.
If black paint and a fence is all it takes to conflate them for some, you may as well say the Valley is Katanga 2 because they both have rocks and trees.