• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Can you let Universal know? Because their current two Orlando parks both have an area that is either closed off entirely or has no attractions because they've closed its only remaining one with no intention of doing any work on it.

Also, you really can't see why the park that is still struggling to shake off The Smiler crash wouldn't want cranes operating overhead and construction vehicles driving around whilst folks walked around Forbidden Valley last year? I'm sure the press would have loved covering that for them.
I think you missed my point? They close areas and work on them whilst the park is open to guests, my point being that Towers and Merlin Parks in general so rarely do any work or construction whilst the park is operational, this obviously leads to less time to complete projects. Arguably if they hadn’t have opened Sub Terra last year they could have easily constructed the new edge games unit within the season. But planning also went in so late so I presume the building was an afterthought .

It’s been a massive amount of time since the smiler and I’m pretty sure the majority of people don’t see a crane and construction site and then presume it’s bad.

With all this black and helicopters and guns how on earth is Galactica going to fit in to this lot? Maybe add some guns to the front of the cars and have mock explosions going off underneath you. Rename it Blastica or something. 😂

With all this black and helicopters and guns how on earth is Galactica going to fit in to this lot? Maybe add some guns to the front of the cars and have mock explosions going off underneath you. Rename it Blastica or something. 😂

I’d be surprised if it ever does get rethemed to fit in with Forbidden Valley. It’s always been its own thing since it opened, it’s far away enough from the main area to not interfere. Would be amazing if they did ever do it but can’t see it happening personally!

I just think of Galactica as being “near Forbidden Valley” as they call Wickerman “near Mutiny Bay”

I think it's all looking pretty sweet myself, and I say that as someone who was somewhat concerned that it may have gone too close to X sector when the black track appeared.
The reinforced outpost being consumed by Nemesis as it reaches out across the whole area should be pretty cool when stood there. The creature will have a lot more presence, both visually and mentally, than when it was just tucked away in its pit.

There is something I've noticed on recent pictures. Is it me, or have the trees and bushes around the pit, notably by the loop area where the new queue is have been cut back to expose the pit better as what it was like before when first opened?

If so, this would be a good thing IMO as I have always felt the pit looked better being bare never mind the blood waterfalls.

I was thinking about this yesterday. I wonder if the galactica area might become like a refugee / evacuation zone, for those who have become infected or in contact with the nemesis creature. We know there's hazardous materials as part of the storyline.

The coaster itself themed to a flight escape from the creature. Could even go one further and suggest that the new flat is some kind of decontamination chamber you have to walk through to get to the safe zone before boarding your escape flight.

Probably wide of the mark but it's fun to speculate.

Galactica should never be themed to match Nemesis. The rides are built as tonal opposites in the experience they offer.
Nemesis is intense and chaotic.
Galactica is bold and graceful.

I was actually quite glad that when Air became Galactica that nature of the ride was not lost.
Sticking guns on the front and making it look rugged (much like what DC have done to most of their character) is just shoehorning in a story that doesn't fit.

If it has to be made to fit I can see it going one of two ways:
- Embrace the oasis theme and emphasis even more that the two are like jing and jang. Forbidden Valley is Forbidden because it is both evil and paradise.
- Stick with the current space theme and highlight that Nemesis fell to earth from space. They are both from other worlds. One with destructive intent and the other to discover.

A second monster that fell to Earth, but this one to bring peace, would be a great storyline for Air, could even tie it in to the new FV theme by having it also being pinned down by Phalanx because they don't want it spreading peace.

EDIT

Attachments

• 1000025175.jpg
    1000025175.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I've always just taken the Galactica end of Forbidden Valley as the 'beforetimes' i.e. what Forbbiden Valley would have been like before it was torn up by the big alien in a pit.

I know that's not the official storyline for Air or Galactica, but I find it is a much more calming way to approach the topic.

I've always just taken the Galactica end of Forbidden Valley as the 'beforetimes' i.e. what Forbbiden Valley would have been like before it was torn up by the big alien in a pit.

I know that's not the official storyline for Air or Galactica, but I find it is a much more calming way to approach the topic.
Yeah, I don't really think the ride would benefit having a storyline for it. I've always liked its vagueness and ambiguity, it really sells that personally.

I'd be sad to see if it was rethemed to fit in with the new theme. I'm sure I've said this somewhere else on this forum, but I think the park needs more light hearted themes (air/Galactica is the parks only SW that doesn't have a gloomy theme by the way) , and I think they could easily achieve that with completing the original theme that was proposed for the ride back in 2002. Project ocean does seem a bit on the nose with that as well, with the name being related to water and all, along with the original plans for Air obviously proposing a lot of water effects and a lake at the end helix. I know the name of the project is probably just hinting towards the flat ride having water effects, but it does strike me as well that it's not the only ride in that area that had plans for water effects.

I would like to see Air return, and the area to simply be enhanced to give a more oasis, sanctuary vibe.

I too always liked to imagine the Galactica ride area as being the "valley"...before it became forbidden.

Delineate the areas with a tunnel under a ride, maybe with some sort of detox vibe, and hey presto, a rather complete little area of the park!

Last edited:
If they made that area into its own themed land and being themed to show what was the area was like before Nemesis corrupted the land...why better by going back to that area's roots by calling that new themed area as Thunder Valley once more before Forbidden Valley appeared? :p Meta lore at its finest!

Sounds silly but given all the easter egg nods we got on Alton Manor and possibly maybe on Nemesis too when it reopens, who's to say that they might use a name from the park's past and go full circle with that area name returning?

Looking at what they've done with the station, I'm sure the job they'll do with the gun, the helicopter and whatnot will be fine, decent quality, tentical-ridden and so forth. It is impossible to judge the quality of anything without it being finished and being there, as is how the area will specifically make you feel on the day.

But if you don't like a military theme, then you don't like a military theme. Even if it's done well, you don't have to wait until the last bin is put in place to be of that opinion. How long do you have to "wait and see" for to be able say you don't like helicopters, tanks and guns?

I feel like my question with this isn’t, ‘does it look good’ as I think it does, I’m a fan of the Phalanx stuff personally and always have been, but more, why didn’t they use this as an opportunity to go full Klugheim, Rookbergh in the level of detail and immersion? When you’re comparing the park to the likes of Disney and Universal you can make a fairly sound argument that they’re not on the same level financially to be able to compete, but with Phantasialand?

Probably sounds ungrateful but I don’t know why there immersive worlds are seemingly accepted as completely beyond us in this country, as if such a suggestion is immediately ridiculous in England.

I feel like my question with this isn’t, ‘does it look good’ as I think it does, I’m a fan of the Phalanx stuff personally and always have been, but more, why didn’t they use this as an opportunity to go full Klugheim, Rookbergh in the level of detail and immersion? When you’re comparing the park to the likes of Disney and Universal you can make a fairly sound argument that they’re not on the same level financially to be able to compete, but with Phantasialand?

Probably sounds ungrateful but I don’t know why there immersive worlds are seemingly accepted as completely beyond us in this country, as if such a suggestion is immediately ridiculous in England.
Totally agree. Phantasialand can do it, Toverland can do it, why can't Merlin? Or any other UK park for that matter?

@Josh555 you do make a very valid point . What we wow at is in all honesty - poor.

I wouldn’t go that far, I think Forbidden Valley always has been decent and I’m sure that I’ll like what I see when I get there later this year, I think it’s more that the examples I gave are out of this world, but then; why can’t our parks aim for that?

Just imagine what Jumanji could have been if they’d gone full Phantasialand on it, with that IP it could have been absolutely stunning, as it is it doesn’t really feel anything like Jumanji, albeit it’s got a very fun coaster which I really liked in there which obviously helps.

I’ve not done Curse yet as I’ve not been in the last year, by all accounts that’s good and that’s pleasing, but again, imagine if they just closed that entire area for a year and turned it into some gothic haunted world, it could have been absolutely stunning but as it is, it’s decent.