• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula 1 2024.

rob666

TS Member
Well, the only real fun and games has been off the track, with one bit of fuss after another, and a bit of a prospective team swapping.
On the track...oh dear.
Same old same old for another season by the look of things.
Anyone really interested in the race for second place, again?

There is some hope that this track was particularly suited to the redbull, and in quali at least it seemed a closer run thing. But otherwise it seems like a big yawnfest is ahead.

Would be more entertaining broadcasting a live feed from Horners WhatsApp.

I missed watching the first race live due to it being on a Saturday, checked the timings around halfway through and saw Max was already over 20 seconds ahead and Perez had already fought his way to second, and my heart sank. The race recording I had on Sky was promptly deleted without watching. Nothing against Red Bull and Max for being the best by far, it just isn’t particularly entertaining anymore after a year of it last year.

Really struggling to get back into F1 after the way the 2021 season ended. Doesn't help that it's been a procession for Red Bull since then.

Whilst Merc dominated it was never to this level. Red Bull - you have to hand it to them - have aced it. But even me as an avid fan fell asleep watching the race. It’s become boring with no meaningful racing happening.

Max to Merc is an interesting theory that I can actually see happening. That should spice things up. That Red Bull is only unbeatable in his hands.

I see this season being more of the same but next year is interesting. Sainz to Aston, Max to Merc, Alonso to Red Bull are my predictions.

As for this season, it’ll be a Max Sergio 1-2 and anyone of six for third. Shame really. F1 never should have changed the regulations. It was peak product in 21.

On another note has anyone seen the track the Saudis want to build. It’s a bit F Zero!

Just heard that 18 year old Oliver Bearman is on for Carlos Sainz who has appendicitis, wow that's a big challenge for him! (not that I know much about F1)
British teenager Bearman replaces Sainz for Saudi GP - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68511360
He's done well, too - only 0.7s off his teammate in the third practice session, and he could easily have been faster if he hadn't gone off the track at one point. Qualifying later will be very interesting indeed.