• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

I know Tom, Cheaper than a Pint at Silverstone on F1 Race day :p

Would love to do a weekend camping at one of the events, but could settle for just a day if others fancy it?

Ian

I'd be up for a weekend or just the Sunday at any of the races (apart from Knockhill.)

Going to try and get to as many as possible this year.

IanB said:
I know Tom, Cheaper than a Pint at Silverstone on F1 Race day :p

Would love to do a weekend camping at one of the events, but could settle for just a day if others fancy it?

Ian

I for sure be up for a weekend or even a day at a race. I think Silverstone has some relatively cheap days.

The interest would be phenomenal. Taking nothing away from her ability, I do think it's a publicity stunt.

Jennie Gow from BBC Radio 5 Live has just tweeted that Jenson Button is now engaged to his long-term girlfriend, Jessica Michibata. Congratulations to both of them! :D

Bad news - FOTA has been disbanded.
Slightly better news - the double points rule will not be used for the final three races. I'm assuming this means it'll still apply to the last race in Abu Dhabi, which still isn't ideal. I'd rather it weren't implemented at all!

Rosberg was one second off last years pole at Bahrain, on soft tires. On super-soft that will probably mean this years cars are faster than last year, I am in awe. What an amazing achievement.

FOTA been disband was hardly surprising considering Ferrari and Red Bull left a while ago, and 6 teams got to be involved in the recent rules discussions, it was hardly going to be long before FOTA came unstuck.

F1 is always messy, its a bit like saying only the top 6 teams in the premier league can choose what the rules for next season.

The rules should be set by the FIA, and the FIA alone. If the teams don't like it, tough luck.

Ian

Thought I'd just share this incredible audio/visual installation Honda did at Suzuka - recreating Ayrton Senna's qualifying lap in 1989. Can't imagine how long this must have taken to design, but experiencing it in real life must have been spine-chilling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO2q8FzcnM#ws

SO: The season's starting tomorrow.
In light of this, I've created a Fantasy F1 Racers league for anyone who wants to join, just a bit of fun :)
www.fantasyracers.com

League ID is 1527
and Password: Nemesis94