• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

If you are putting me at fault for assuming f1 coverage meant visual... So be it. Would suggest it's fair to assume the default way to consume sport in 2022 isn't audio only.
Not at all, you told me you were confused by my statement that the Sky coverage buggered off when the BBC stayed on air. I trust the matter is now suitably clear.

It is now. It wasn't originally with your two works answer "not true". Wasn't really much to go on. It's clear as day with the post edited you were being purposefully difficult. Sadly a bit standard around here. Happy to meet up on the lawns and discuss in detail 😉

It is now. It wasn't originally with your two works answer "not true". Wasn't really much to go on. It's clear as day with the post edited you were being purposefully difficult. Sadly a bit standard around here. Happy to meet up on the lawns and discuss in detail 😉
Not sure how stating I was enjoying it today is any more of a clue than referring to their coverage of last year's Abu Dhabi GP, but sure.

I'm pretty sure we've exhausted the potential conversation, frankly.

To get back on topic...

Looks increasingly likely that De Vries will be replacing Gasly at Alpha Tauri, who will in turn move to Alpine.

That'd leave Haas and Williams to settle their line up, sounds like Hulkenberg might be in at Haas and Schumacher at Williams.

Given all the hoopla which Merc/Wolff put up when Williams were trying to sign an RBR driver, it's intriguing that Marko has now seemingly signed a Merc driver.

Yeah indeed mate - easy to get knickers in a twist with text (and maybe 🍺...)

It's certainly looking like that is how it's going. I am not sure if NDV is a free agent next year? So a move to AT is less problematic than having a signed up RB fox in your hen house?

Edit: it does look like he is a free agent for 23.

Last edited:
Hulk to Haas will be a great move. Always gets the best out of the car. Didn't think he and KMag got on though? May make Drive to Survive interesting.

Mick to Williams seems odd to me. He's done enough to stay in the sport though....but a step down seems like this is his last shot.

Shades of Spa 21 here 🤣 going to basically end up with a sprint race at best the way this is going.

Shades of Spa 21 here 🤣 going to basically end up with a sprint race at best the way this is going.
They've just confirmed the 3 hour race window has been moved to begin at 21:05 (local time), so should be able to get in a full race as long as there are no more delays.

Really enjoyed the race, lots of entertainment - Was happy for a Mclaren 4-5 as I dont think anyone expected them to do that well.

GR needs to check himself a bit, moaning that Mick is defending like mad, when he is trying to save his F1 career

Perhaps I should rewatch, I literally fell asleep after what felt like the umpteenth safety car.

What I did notice was the race direction being weird though. KMag being forced to pit was unneccessary for starters, and then it felt like every time there was a crash there was too long a period on yellows when it was obvious that at the very least a VSC would be needed.

It does confuse me why they have wets but refrain from using them when its wet and instead delay the start

OK this is a pretty nonsense article full of speculation but I have to admit the headline (esp the block caps) made me laugh out loud.

Screenshotted rather than linked to the S*n, should be easy enough to find if you really want to read it!

Screenshot_20221006-195055.jpg

Well all know it's been delayed to help sweep it under the carpet. The FIA didn't want it in the news cycle for the championship weekend.

If a team has overspent, this story is going to run and run, I suspect for at least six months, as the team will then be given a punishment, and depending on that punishment, it could be taken to the ICA. Lots of content for Sky and others to push over the winter season.

Deducting points this late after the championship does not work. Would promoting Ferrari to second in last seasons world championship, then make them in breach for using to much Wind Tunnel time this year? Excluding the team from a race or the season is not going to happen as it diminishes the show.

I suspect if a team has been in breach, the will be the penalty that gets applied:
(v) limitations on ability to conduct aerodynamic or other Testing; and/or (vi) reduction of the Cost Cap,

Although in the footnote, it states these must apply to the next financial year, which would be this year, which would be a challenge for the teams to apply.

Rules are here if anyone wants any bed time reading: https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/fia_formula_1_financial_regulations_iss.12.pdf

Just have to hope the FIA dont delay it again.

I am looking forward to Suzuka this weekend, nice early 6am start on Sunday morning :)

It is worth it though, it is one of those tracks that is great to watch the cars and drivers going to the limit, and pushing as hard as they can.

Well if I'd known what was going to happen I wouldn't have got up so early and had a lie in :tearsofjoy:

Once the race got underway though it was quite exciting, shame it had to be such a short one!

Edit: Oh wait didn't realise Leclerc being demoted to 3rd would give Verstappen the championship! These reduced points confuse me, or at least I thought they'd be reduced but apparently not :tearsofjoy:

A very surreal situation with Jonny Herbert breaking the news to him that he's won the championship

Last edited:
Nice little switcheroo there of the positioms to give Max the championship.

What an odd, odd race. Some great battles though.

So, if a race is suspended and does not resume with less than 75% of laps completed reduced points are awarded. But if a race is resumed, and finishes with more than 50% of laps completed then full points are awarded? Why did no one explain this before??? It would have made Perez chasing down Leclerc at the end even more exciting!

Even Jonathan Wheatley was checking the regulations after to make sure the FIA hadn't made a mistake in announcing Verstappen as world champion :tearsofjoy:

Means the championship was handed over literally on the last corner of the last lap. Shame it wasn't the last race of the season to add extra drama.

If one were skeptical they might consider how quickly that penalty was dished out etc to get the inevitable result out the way before the overspend (if true) is buried tomorrow.