• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fun City, Brean 24th & 25th May 2014

Coaster

TS Member
Saturday 24th May: Evening Wristband 5pm - 9:30pm
Sunday 25th May: Daytime Wristband 10:30am - 5pm

The two dark rides are the main draw for us at Fun City (namely Astro Storm and Terror Castle), but there are various other rides and coasters which make a visit worthwhile.

Astro Storm is a ride I really enjoy, partly because I like the ride and what Brean have done with it but also for sentimental reasons. In my opinion it is better at Brean than it was at Blackpool because it runs faster and it's better in the pitch black with effects triggering as you go past them.
Terror Castle is a ghost train in it's most extreme form. It's a constant bombardment of graphic horror, noise, strobes, anamatronics and attacks from all angles (even above you!) and it is clear that a lot of thought has gone into the ride.

Speed Wave, their new thrill ride is a Mondial Top Scan, which despite not being run on it's best setting, I found to be much more thrilling than Samurai at Thorpe. I'd place it behind Whirlwind at Lightwater however.
Unfortunately we never got round to doing Xtreme this year, as there was actually a queue (the park was fairly busy this time :eek: ) and it's not a ride I find very thrilling anyway - they also tend to leave it on for far too long at Brean.

I can't remember the ridecount for the weekend, but it wasn't as much as last year as the park actually quite busy on the Sunday.

There was a staff incident in which we got caught up in a battle between two staff who clearly didn't like each other (and were both miserable sods). I will be naming and shaming them in an email to the park.
The man running Astro Storm didn't want to work in the evening past 5pm on the saturday (thought he would get to go home early because it was raining), and he swore at us and told us to go somewhere else whenever we went on it.
On the Magic Mouse (reverchon spinning mouse coaster), the woman moaned at us for buying wristbands as it meant that she actually had to work rather than go home, and stated that if we tried to go back on the ride she wouldn't even acknowledge us. True to her word, the next time we tried to get on she stated "don't even bother walking up those steps, it's closed!"
When we went back on Astro Storm after that (which is opposite Magic Mouse), the man there said "did she just turn you away?" Then went rambling on about how we shouldn't be refused a ride once we've paid and that it doesn't close in the rain. He was clearly trying to get himself out of trouble.
Furthermore, the following day the Astro Storm man made us tell a manager how bad the woman running the mouse was to get himself out of trouble.
This is unacceptable, and somewhat ruined what was otherwise a very enjoyable weekend.

We also visited the waterpark which was pretty good, but nothing spectacular.

I only took a few random photos, but I might as well post them.

Thanks for reading, comments are welcome as always.

Wow...sorry you got treated so shoddily. That's not right.

I agree with you though. Isn't that ghost train full on?!
I went to Brean about...seven years ago...but that is the ghost train! I liked it a lot!
That Pinfari I remember too but I was just happy to see a rollercoaster back then!

Kal said:
Wow...sorry you got treated so shoddily. That's not right.

I agree with you though. Isn't that ghost train full on?!
I went to Brean about...seven years ago...but that is the ghost train! I liked it a lot!
That Pinfari I remember too but I was just happy to see a rollercoaster back then!
Yeah it is, it's a fantastic ride!
The staff incident was a shame as the staff are usually good there (some were).