• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've heard ride ops say

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Ride ops. We all know their job is serious and stressful, but there's one way they like to have fun: announcements. What is the funniest thing you've heard a ride op say over the PA system?

For starters, a friend just told me about an announcement they heard while waiting for Thirteen recently. Someone was smoking in the queue line (why?) and the op told them to put it out, and if they didn't a staff member would come and do it for them with a bucket of water. :tearsofjoy:

On the sk8tboarder at Adventure Island the ride op was playing some silly games.
When I shout 1, you must all pretend you are flying!
When I shout 2, swim like a fish!
By the end of the day her voice was clearly exhausted but she (and the guests) were still having a good day.
Also, the ride host outside sk8tboarder saw me on my phone in the queue and shouted out "UGH! ANDROID!" We all lost it after that

On the sk8tboarder at Adventure Island the ride op was playing some silly games.
When I shout 1, you must all pretend you are flying!
When I shout 2, swim like a fish!
By the end of the day her voice was clearly exhausted but she (and the guests) were still having a good day.
Also, the ride host outside sk8tboarder saw me on my phone in the queue and shouted out "UGH! ANDROID!" We all lost it after that
That is one reason I want to go to Adventure Island. The staff are fantastic! :)

I remember someone talking about an op at Dollywood, who said something like "if you want to ride again you must go down the exit ramp and through the queue. We're sorry, but that is Dollywood's exercise program". :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Up at the top of the Valley by the Nemesis drill, "Please fill all bays. Four people to each row".

And after we'd just cleaned up after guest illness the operator announced on the station PA, "Watch out for flying chunks" 😂

n the queue for Samurai at Thorpe:
"Ladies and Gentleman, we have a birthday, Jake in the queue line is 17 today so let's all sing!
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Jake
Happy birthday to you!"

My mate used to do this to me on Twirling Toadstool (RIP) Think the oldest we got to was about 60 odd but it would increase everytime.