• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Furius Baco - The Debate

Enter Valhalla said:
Alastair said:
Think of the cross-sections of enthusiasts on here in comparison with PBE though. PB is full of rough, out-of-the-seat, throw you around style coasters (Wild Mouse, Grand National, PMBO) whereas AT is known for smooth steelies. That's why Baco is liked more on there - because it provides an experience more akin to their favourite coasters at BPB (aside from the launch).

You're generalising greatly here. You have no evidence to support your claim that there is a wider cross section of enthusiasts on here than on PBE.

Also your argument makes no sense. You're basically saying that PBE forum memebers only like Baco cause it's rough and that this is why people on here don't like it. This is not the case. People on here also say it has a poor layout and that the launch is not intense enough. I disagree with both of these opinions by the way. However if this was the case, PBE people would take this into account. They aren't going to like a coaster purely because it's rough. If they did they'd have thought that Corkscrew was the best thing ever. Funnily enough they didn't. They like Furius Baco for other reasons and the general feeling on PBE is one of great positivity towards Baco, a view which I share with them.

I'm not saying that they only like it because it's rough, but it is a fact that Blackpool Pleasure Beach is known for rough and wild coasters - and therefore members of a fan club forum dedicated to the park are likely to be fans of that style. You need only to visit the site for 10 minutes to garner the general opinion of Alton's rides (effectively that every coaster is boring and too smooth except Nemesis).

In addition, whilst on the subject, visiting the site for a bit longer will show you that, at least relative to TS, the userbase has collectively visited a lot less parks in general for whatever reason. Therefore, it is more likely that a coaster like Baco will be highly rated - both because of its rough nature but also because there is little else to compare it to.

Topic split from the main PA thread as, well, quite clearly this is a debatable subject on a large scale!

Keep it clean, tidy and without personal insults ;)

Sazzle said:
Topic split from the main PA thread as, well, quite clearly this is a debatable subject on a large scale!

Keep it clean, tidy and without personal insults ;)

Oh wow Sarah, I was thinking this debate was over, not a whole new topic created hahaha. Oh well, guess it shows how strong people's feelings are ;)

As I'm sure you're aware, I love it! :D

What I love about the ride is the launch. But that is pretty much it. This is probably due to the fact that I don't like the restraints which is the same with regard to Stealth and Rita. I feel it doesn't have any re-rideability in my eyes, but everyone has different opinions so that's that.

If you love it, great. If you hate it, that's fine too. :)

Okay so I rode this monstrosity in 2009, secured a first class migraine and was sorely winded.

Rode again in 2013 to check whether my memory of the heap had made it worse.

NOPE. I rode once and then was happily bag bint for the remainder of the holiday!

The launch is fantastic, but after that all I could feel was bone shaking uncomfort, migraine inducing non - enjoyable intensity and back/shoulder seat and restraint fail.

Undeniably one of the worst, if not the worst, steel coasters I have ever ridden with absolutely no regaling features in terms of track and train.

It is beautifully landscaped, but take that away and I despise it!

Sent using Tapatalk

I personally think it's junk. I've given it three tries to see if I really hated it as much as I initially thought (three more goes then it deserves) and I truly hate it.

I don't mind rough rides either, I'm one of the few that doesn't mind Goudurix at Asterix but Baco. No, never again.

The launch and pre-launch show sequence are fantastic, but it is absolutely horrendous after that point. I can understand how the layout might have been exhilarating had the coaster operated like they presumed it would (which, by evidence of how no others have ever been sold, it doesn't) but in it's current state, it's dull too. The inversion is spectacularly presented, however.

I don't find the ride stupidly painful (i find Dragon Khan intolerable) but it is still a terrible coaster. It has a nice station, a lovely launch but after that it is either rough or dull or both.

The seats are uncomnfortable as they are pitched forwards so all your weight is put onto your upper thigh rather than where it should be (your bum) and the older style Intamin restraints don't help by then placing the upper restraint support in almost the same place so you end up with your whole body being supported by 2 inches of femur. Add to that the bounce you get off the wing arms and you feel a bit shell-shocked.

On the plus side it does exit into a wine shop which is helpful :)