• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future AT Owners

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

JB1985

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Oblivion
I have had it in my mind for a while that Merlin are bleeding their flagship parks dry (Thorpe, AT, Gardaland) before moving on to more midway attractions and resort style operation.

I think in the not too distant future we may see AT sold on to another operator, but who has the money and ability to rejuvenate the park?

Walibi seem to run nice parks but I assume they havent the cash? Any ideas?

Be careful what you wish for...

Why on Earth would Merlin sell elements of the RTP portfolio? They could sell the whole thing, but that pretty much would signal the end of the MAP which is one of the most important products in their arsenal in the UK. In a lot of ways, it's more important that they own the parks than someone else owns the parks.

Be careful what you wish for...

Why on Earth would Merlin sell elements of the RTP portfolio? They could sell the whole thing, but that pretty much would signal the end of the MAP which is one of the most important products in their arsenal in the UK. In a lot of ways, it's more important that they own the parks than someone else owns the parks.

Valid point about the MAP

I’m not so sure though, there is no logic to consistent under funding - you will simply end up killing the product to the point it becomes a liability. With no innovation and renovation people loose interest. Think Nokia for instance.

I gusss the saving grace for them is the poor UK competition

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.