• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future Merchandise Ideas

We need...
gigantic wall posters ( not of Justin Beiber etc)
a generic Alton Towers one and others of different attractions in the park.

Jake... said:
We need...
Do they do a gigantic Alton Towers map? That might be a good idea if they don't.

Jake... said:
We need...

Hahaha, don't they sell AT wall posters in the Air Shop? I know there's some ones of bands/singers but surely a few of them are AT related?

I would buy a massive Nemmy poster... and I am sure many others would do too.

Can't believe they don't already do them! That would be one of the first things you'd think they'd sell.

I have a poster of Sir Algenon's flying ship in an A3 frame, I've had it a few years now..... Sadly I'm not allowed to have it on the wall anymore.... The misses has banned me turning the house into Alton Towers fan club. The Xmas tree was a sore point :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BigAl said:
Do they do a gigantic Alton Towers map? That might be a good idea if they don't.

Like the one on the wall in Guest Services? now that would look good in my flat!

I agree with those that mention pin badges - a collection of sorts would be a good idea, if done Disney-style.

Some decent (not tacky) t-shirts would be great too for use outside of the park. One particular favourite of mine is the new blue Air t-shirt with a circular logo on. It's very Alton Towers, but then again casual at the same time.

I would be up for some modern style fashion things, things you could ware everyday that aren't over the top. Also a wallet, but not a tacky fabric thing, I was thinking a normal leather wallet with a logo and graphic on the inside. And RUBBER DUCKS!!!!!!

Rob said:
I'd love it if they sold some car stickers though

I doubt that Alton would think that their regular guests would buy Alton themed car stickers.

I'd like to see Katangan Mining Rocks and more costumes in and around the park with their respective themes. Who wouldn't want to turn up to a Halloween party as a Phalanx Controller?

Olly said:
Iphone covers would be great!
Ive noticed they have nemesis sun terra covers within the air shop but would like to see a few more designs

I think the huge empty room with the "Bon bon voyage!" sign in, as your leaving the ride, should have a candy shop, where you could buy Wonka bars (maybe, instead of golden tickets, there could be fastracks inside some of them), retro sweets, and even sweets based on the rides, like gummy Nemesis eyes, etc.

That would be a nice little touches.

Stelios said:
Rob said:
I'd love it if they sold some car stickers though

I doubt that Alton would think that their regular guests would buy Alton themed car stickers.
Who wouldn't want to turn up to a Halloween party as a Phalanx Controller?

I think that's even more niche than car park stickers! :p I know that several other parks do them such as Blackpool Pleasure Beach and (I think) Lightwater Valley.

how about coaster friendly coats (all pockets have zips) themed to different rides. Like a light weight blue one with the air logo, waterproof of course, a must with British weather.

delta79 said:
how about coaster friendly coats (all pockets have zips) themed to different rides. Like a light weight blue one with the air logo, waterproof of course, a must with British weather.

I doubt that'd happen since the overpriced poncho's are quite big sellers for first time guests. But themed ponchos on the other hand so they can be worn again could be altered to fit your idea. I could see it happening, but not with the Great British Summer Marketing now. Which I wouldn't be surprised to see more merch for.

I've always wanted a park wallet, not a tacky fabric one, but a real leather wallet. I think, nemesis, air and oblivion would work for this, with a back leather exterior, metal ride logo in the top corner, and then an interior color of ether sky blue/white, orange/black or dark red/black. So basically a piece of merch that isn't a tacky use once piece, but something that is discrete so it can be used in your day to life as well as at the park.

Ben. said:
I've always wanted a park wallet, not a tacky fabric one, but a real leather wallet. I think, nemesis, air and oblivion would work for this, with a back leather exterior, metal ride logo in the top corner, and then an interior color of ether sky blue/white, orange/black or dark red/black. So basically a piece of merch that isn't a tacky use once piece, but something that is discrete so it can be used in your day to life as well as at the park.

They used to sell wallets, because I recall having an Oblivion one when I was younger. But it was only a fabric, velcroed one...

:)

On my previous post, how about tasteful ride logo cuff links? I've actually considered making this a summer project, surly its just a case of adapting a pin badge.