• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Seems the waterfalls being back on means having a member of staff with a megaphone watching for stander-uppers. Not a big surprise, but a rather tedious job nonetheless.

IMG_5138.jpeg

Picture from TowersTimes twitter.
Its the same as in the American parks with employers that sit in the huts at the top of drops on water rides to make sure ppl are sitting.

If it enables the rapids to run with all its effects operating then i think its a cost worth absurbing.

Also is it anymore tedious than any other repetitive job at a themepark. Checking restraints sending trains out etc...

Well then, this has been a bizarre season in which we saw Alton Manor open, Sun Terra too (albeit likely not as successful as Alton Manor IMO due to those lapbars), Nemesis put of action and F&B and Resort offerings being in a rather, at best, questionable state...the waterfalls returning adds to the positives of a strange year of highs and lows for the park.

I'm glad they're back though, let's hope that the rapids will be back to its former glory soon though I would argue the ride and KC itself might all be in line for a retheme in the not too distant future.

Seems the waterfalls being back on means having a member of staff with a megaphone watching for stander-uppers. Not a big surprise, but a rather tedious job nonetheless.

IMG_5138.jpeg

Picture from TowersTimes twitter.
Could they have given the person whoever has to do this job, as well as perhaps the rest of the CRR staff, a themed outfit instead of the usual Towers outfit? At least whoever is doing this job would at least blend in better with the ride's theme.

Could they have given the person whoever has to do this job, as well as perhaps the rest of the CRR staff, a themed outfit instead of the usual Towers outfit? At least whoever is doing this job would at least blend in better with the ride's theme.
They could all have hats with corks, be stood at BBQs and drinking cans of Fosters to fit in with the new announcement.

What is curious to me is that although I am sure that the waterfalls encourage people to stand, the risk of something bad happening to the individual is incredibly low at that point of the ride. It's far more dangerous for someone to stand when there are waves in the trough or the boat is likely to hit something stationary, due to a wave machine etc.

And even if they do stand up... the circumstances by which someone falls out of the boat with the doors in place must be so unlikely, you've got to think that they would have to be 7ft tall and smashed, or stood on the seat.

I am sure someone in risk management knows what they are doing ...

Who remembers the bear at the end of the waterfalls bit that used to take your photo? Was a little hut there too. Maybe they could have reinstated that and put someone Sat there and themed like the area.

Who remembers the bear at the end of the waterfalls bit that used to take your photo? Was a little hut there too. Maybe they could have reinstated that and put someone Sat there and themed like the area.
Bears in the Congo? If they were reinstated then we’d have the world’ first multi-continent ride experience. North American bears, Australian announcements and a Congo base theming. It would be fantabulous.

Bear? That was Henry Hound wasn’t it? 🤔

Are they threatening some sort of action if you don't comply or do you just get shouted at by a teenager with a megaphone ?