• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Are they threatening some sort of action if you don't comply or do you just get shouted at by a teenager with a megaphone ?

Considering that riders who cause extended stopages having their phones taken from them on lift hills, which is much more dangerous, just get given them back at the end of the ride rather than being kicked out of the park like they should be, I'm going to say the latter.

It would be an overreaction to turn the waterfalls off based on a few people standing up. I think Towers have done enough to reduce the risk. The only way you'll get 100% success is if you strap riders down.

I feel the experience of the rapids is ruined now, personally. I would be happy to see a water coaster or a water ride of some description replace the rapids at some point in future.

Enjoyed riding the rapids for the first time in a long time on Saturday. The new audio around the ride does add to the experience, and the waterfalls being back is great!

Not sure they'll be lasting long though, which is a shame. From watching boats going through the waterfalls for a 10-15 minute period, I'd say there was an issue with perhaps around 5% of boats. Either people just standing up, or standing up and moving seats. Every time it happens the host who is watching the waterfalls blows there whistle, and someone from the op cabin comes on over the speakers telling people to sit down, often in a rather amusing sarcastic and frustrated manner.

For the Summer peak season, it could be a good idea to have security positioned at the Rapids exit. The boats are numbered, so the “spotter” could easily radio any offending boats up to the station, and have security ready to have a word. Should stop repeat offences as well as be a visible deterrent for those about to board

I'm not condoning standing up on the rapids at all but re: the waterfalls. Now the boats have doors and higher sides I think it would be pretty hard to fall out of one if you did stand up.

Due to the pressure of the water from the falls the boat is unlikely to bump into the side so its probably the lowest risk part of the course really.

Due to the pressure of the water from the falls the boat is unlikely to bump into the side so its probably the lowest risk part of the course really.
Trouble is, we all understand that but I suspect the vast majority of the public will assume you'll get soaked. It's a pity that Francis has left as this is the perfect candidate for another one of his short safety videos! And even more perfect considering he was Australian! 🤣