• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

You could that, but all crafts would need VR on them as you enter and exit in a different station usually. I guess the none VR queue would also be just as slow as you would still be waiting for the VR craft to leave before you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having one station with VR and the other without would be a Good idea...would that be possible?

No need to, just as simple to say to the ride host that you wish not to use VR, what happens if you are with a group of people and some of you want to try VR and the rest of your group don't? Which station do you go to?

You could that, but all crafts would need VR on them as you enter and exit in a different station usually. I guess the none VR queue would also be just as slow as you would still be waiting for the VR craft to leave before you can.

Yes I know they usually exit at the opposite station but earlier in the season when the VR was being worked on the train was using the same station to board and exit while another was static on the other side

I'm no expert at all but I'm pretty sure they could launch at least 2 trains from the non VR side in the time it would take to unload and load the VR side

No need to, just as simple to say to the ride host that you wish not to use VR, what happens if you are with a group of people and some of you want to try VR and the rest of your group don't? Which station do you go to?

I was just thinking along the lines of improving throughput which is horrific and as others have said a lot of people don't bother with the goggles now

Sorry to double post I forgot the multi quote as I'm hungover

I actually liked the VR when Galactica first opened in 2016, but this year it is absolutely abysmal, far worse than video game quality, I have no idea what has been done but the audio is too quiet to hear and only works on one side and the graphics look like they are 40 years older than they looked in 2016.

I actually liked the VR when Galactica first opened in 2016, but this year it is absolutely abysmal, far worse than video game quality, I have no idea what has been done but the audio is too quiet to hear and only works on one side and the graphics look like they are 40 years older than they looked in 2016.
ive had the headset on in a way that I can get one speaker on properly but the other one not. But the speakers are nowhere near loud enough as you hear the lift hill

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They've bought a job lot of Chinese HD headsets, which probably mean they're 640x480 resolution or less, Chinese often mix up HD and HQ poor chaps, what were the original Samsung's? 1920x1080? That's why the video is now crap.

The original ones were Samsung but not sure what the new ones are, but the quality seems a lot worse!

Had my first go on Galactica last week since it used to be Air. The 2 shady characters I visited with wanted VR as one of them had never done it. They said I should join them on that row but that I wouldn't have to wear the headset if I didn't want to. The ride op then told me that if I was on that row, that I HAD to wear the stupid goggles.

I've hated any simulator type things ever since the old 2D cinema domes back in the day, so I was not exactly thrilled at the prospect of riding a rollercoaster wearing goggles and looking at a kids computer game for the duration of the ride. My opinion of it? Its absolutely crap!

Not sure why you HAVE to wear the VR rubbish on that row. Whats wrong with it just staying fastened in the bag?

Last edited:
Had my first go on Galactica last week since it used to be Air. The 2 shady characters I visited with wanted VR as one of them had never done it. They said I should join them on that row but that I wouldn't have to wear the headset if I didn't want to. The ride op then told me that if I was on that row, that I HAD to wear the stupid goggles.

I've hated any simulator type things ever since the old 2D cinema domes back in the day, so I was not exactly thrilled at the prospect of riding a rollercoaster wearing goggles and looking at a kids computer game for the duration of the ride. My opinion of it? Its absolutely crap!

Not sure why you HAVE to wear the VR rubbish on that row. Whats wrong with it just staying fastened in the bag?
Because there are rows for people not wearing vr?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk