• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Oh that certain wrist band which still meant I had to queue 40 mins to get on the ride :eek:

It says something when even the fastrack queue is that long due to poor ride operation.
Only took me 10 minutes to get front row via backup ft.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Had my first go on Galactica last week since it used to be Air. The 2 shady characters I visited with wanted VR as one of them had never done it. They said I should join them on that row but that I wouldn't have to wear the headset if I didn't want to. The ride op then told me that if I was on that row, that I HAD to wear the stupid goggles.

I've hated any simulator type things ever since the old 2D cinema domes back in the day, so I was not exactly thrilled at the prospect of riding a rollercoaster wearing goggles and looking at a kids computer game for the duration of the ride. My opinion of it? Its absolutely crap!

Not sure why you HAVE to wear the VR rubbish on that row. Whats wrong with it just staying fastened in the bag?
Screamed like a girl, the whole way round.
Highlight of my whole day.
Cheers dippy, absolute gold.

It took me 5 mins to get front on Wednesday, my craft got stopped at the top of the lift for 10 mins due to somebody trying to film then not giving the camera up, had to stop looking down after a fe mins. @bluesonichd please don’t screenshot this post and post it all over FB again.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Spotted some markings outside of the Galactica entrance the other day.
rmjses.jpg

Wonder if they are going to create a system that somehow diverges VR riders from non VR riders because it's a bit of a faff at the minute.

Spotted some markings outside of the Galactica entrance the other day.
rmjses.jpg

Wonder if they are going to create a system that somehow diverges VR riders from non VR riders because it's a bit of a faff at the minute.

I think they painted those markings on the ground to excite nerds. I reckon the staff have a book going on how long before a goon photographs some chalk markings on the floor :)

It would be nice, but wouldn't that involve removing Galactica?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

? Not for us to discuss this no :)

I assume you meant to tag my previous post. If so then it may do or may not. Depends on the route. I can’t see it lasting much longer anyway - I think the only saving grace is that the roller coaster restaurant is there and that seems popular

Can someone please tell me if they have motion sickness and
Screamed like a girl, the whole way round.
Highlight of my whole day.
Cheers dippy, absolute gold.

I might have flapped this one on Monday using the excuse of the monstrous queue to get out of it. I'm not sure about the inversions to be honest not an inversion girl had a bad experience and I'm not keen on the restraints.

Can someone please tell me if they have motion sickness and

I might have flapped this one on Monday using the excuse of the monstrous queue to get out of it. I'm not sure about the inversions to be honest not an inversion girl had a bad experience and I'm not keen on the restraints.
To my surprise I didn't feel motion sick at all while riding Galactica (with VR). And I often get sick on spinning rides and roller coasters if I ride too quickly.

As for the inversions I didn't even notice them when wearing the goggles, but then I hadn't been on Air in a while so am not familiar with the layout.

To my surprise I didn't feel motion sick at all while riding Galactica (with VR). And I often get sick on spinning rides and roller coasters if I ride too quickly.

As for the inversions I didn't even notice them when wearing the goggles, but then I hadn't been on Air in a while so am not familiar with the layout.

I've had several discussions with people about riding with VR and had decided not to as it can make you motion sick.

I've had several discussions with people about riding with VR and had decided not to as it can make you motion sick.
Same; never tried VR because of what people have said. Last time I rode it without VR, I was waiting the the disabled queue and a medic came past us, then came back with the casualty and a bucket. Was probably something to do with the VR...