• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Yes the model was on display in Towers Trading during the construction period in 2001. I believe it featured some mini soldiers that were removed after 9/11 leading to lots of speculation that the theme had been altered last minute. But in the end they were just supposed to represent ‘mini hero’s’ to tie in with the fact Air was to be a ‘hero’ versus Nemesis and Oblivion as ‘villains’.
And it was sponsored by Cadburys Heros early on too wasn't it?

Why is my own version of it better? I'm no professional designer or artist, yet it fits the ride loads more!! It shouldn't be better, but it is!

Heres what I did, then compare it to the ACTUAL concept art.

Attachments

• 20220713_200243.jpg
    20220713_200243.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220713_200442.jpg
    20220713_200442.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Yesterday was the 1st time I been on this coaster since the VR was removed and it really should have been turned back into Air as the ride really is lacking something now.
Absolutely agree with you on that. Even though I never experienced it as air, you can tell that the ride was loads better and more fitting in the area as it made some sense. And who can't forget Airs soundtrack, Who doesn't love Airs old soundtrack? It's loads better than Galacticas theme IMO, which is saying something since I love galactic soundtrack.

Last edited:
Yesterday was the 1st time I been on this coaster since the VR was removed and it really should have been turned back into Air as the ride really is lacking something now.
Out of interest, what exactly do you feel that turning it back into Air would add?

I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything there, and I apologise if that's how I come across. I only ask because I don't really notice much difference between Air and Galactica in its current form, and what differences I do notice are positive (for me at least), so I'm not sure what changing it back into Air would add, although I admittedly did not have many years riding Air before it became Galactica (my first ride wasn't until 2013), so the nostalgia power of Air's original theming may not be as strong for me as it is for others.

The ride didn't really have any theming to speak of at all when it was Air, and while Galactica isn't exactly a themed masterpiece, it does at least have the portal, the covered station and some mild semblance of a discernible theme.

The ride wasn’t loads better as Air, it’s exactly the same ride 😂
Air’s soundtrack and overall feel was better though. It made more sense being the calm end of the valley. It irks me that you’ve got a space flight now instead of like a tranquil calm style ride away from Nemesis. That being said, the area also contains a super trooper, so it’s not the biggest issue with the area anymore.

I maybe the only 1 who preferred the VR as it did feel like you were travelling thought the galaxy. All they need to do is remove the pointless broken portal and
Maybe re-theme it to look like a futuristic airport. On the video it lists airport destinations and above the bays have gate numbers.

I maybe the only 1 who preferred the VR as it did feel like you were travelling thought the galaxy. All they need to do is remove the pointless broken portal and
Maybe re-theme it to look like a futuristic airport. On the video it lists airport destinations and above the bays have gate numbers.

What would be the point of removing the portal? It’s a nice little visual thing off-ride in the area to see the train going through it and it actually looks pretty cool, there would be nothing whatsoever to gain by removing it.

Air was never truly Air.

I think, for a prototype it's a good ride. It was always a miss opportunity theme wise though. It could have been spectacular.

What Galacticair has done though is make a mess of what was already in place. The VR added nothing, and now it'd gone it'd just a baby of the two concepts, not knowing how to identify itself.

The weakest of the SW lineup, and probably the first to go. If they are planning to keep it long terms I really do feel a complete retheme is needed.

Galactica without VR is air!

Split the difference lets call it GalacticAir! or the other not so mentionable names outside the Tavern from the TS wiki and beyond ;)

It's been an elephant in the room (themed area) since its inception and as others have rightly said its a let-down from its conception regardless of a theme refresh. Our best hope is that once Nemesis has been retracked, the rumours of N:ST are realized to be true and the RMC cross valley is built, Air will finally have it's oasis fountain added - Rejoice!

Or nothing will really happen to it until it rusts apart and capex gets spent elsewhere :(