• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

It’s the space theme I don’t get as with VR it worked but now it’s just a enclosed station with a portal. Like all it needs is the portal removed and new signage. If they can put Spinball back from Sonic then I’m sure Air can make a return.
Yes that's true however I think you might be missing the point that there isn't an incentive for the park to do it. They were required too with spinball because the license had run out, they've got no such problems with galactica. There's no reason for the park to even bother buying signage for the ride to change it back to air, it does it's job fine as galactica.

Very true would make a good sponsorship partner
Now, where did I put those Rubber Duckies?
I cant see why Merlin are so reluctant to give air the theming it deserves. It'll be a great way to boost attendance while Nemesis goes user it's Major Refurbishment, all they need to do is change a few bulbs, retheme kr remove the portal, move a few audio files, add some additional rockwork and waterfalls, revert the logo back, BOOM you have air.
Is that so hard Merlin. It could probably be done under the £2,500,000 mark if done cleverly.
Then they just need to rebrand it as 'Air, take flight once more' , 'assume the position, once more'
If Galactica was Successful, I can't see why air with new theming could be just as, if not more successful during 2023.

One word: Money ;)
The reason theming for the tunnel was cut was becase it was demed too expensive. They wou;d've gone over-budget.
Ahhh, Good old money. Don't you love it when it corrupts the company that owns your favourite Park in the UK and you slowly watch the place rot in places (Dark Forest and Gloomy Woods)

Now, where did I put those Rubber Duckies?
I cant see why Merlin are so reluctant to give air the theming it deserves. It'll be a great way to boost attendance while Nemesis goes user it's Major Refurbishment, all they need to do is change a few bulbs, retheme kr remove the portal, move a few audio files, add some additional rockwork and waterfalls, revert the logo back, BOOM you have air.
Is that so hard Merlin. It could probably be done under the £2,500,000 mark if done cleverly.
Then they just need to rebrand it as 'Air, take flight once more' , 'assume the position, once more'
If Galactica was Successful, I can't see why air with new theming could be just as, if not more successful during 2023.
"Barbara ! Cancel that family break to Lanzarote, Varney has approved a new waterfall next to Galactica. We've got to see it!".

All the best with that, son.

Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the soulless tunnel and the shrubbery that you're used to.
Well, you're not wrong there. At least the tunnel has one thing, it tells us that we're in the blimming countryside and not in the distant void of space.

Sadly, Air's chance of returning without some form of new marketable element are zero to none. In order for Nemesis' re-track to go ahead, it is required to have a new marketable experience to it/soft rebrand.

Galactica only got the budget because the park could rebrand as a new ride easily and with a new gimmick...just like Duel. Flume was different due to sponsorship. But they have to do something as they can't rebrand all the British Merlin park coasters that are coming towards the end of their operational life very very soon...

Shame teach them for poor management
In fairness, I don’t think all of the “headaches” @Rick was referring to were caused by Merlin… if I’m right in thinking that by “headaches”, he means “rides reaching the end of their operational life”.

In fairness, I don’t think all of the “headaches” @Rick was referring to were caused by Merlin… if I’m right in thinking that by “headaches”, he means “rides reaching the end of their operational life”.

No... I totally agree.

But they have brought it on themselves by poor investment choices and the continued removal of support rides. Oh and maintenance budget cuts. If they had of made regular all round investments as opposed to coaster after coaster then we wouldn't be in the position whereby the estate is creaking.

So...whilst they are not wholly to blame, they have heightened the problems by poor management.