• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Galactia will be the first SW removed, no doubt. It's in poor condition and generally isn't that popular.

At least the smiler still had music and working effects.

Galactica has one Bose speaker in the extended queue line that works and a broken portal. If you are lucky you may get some music in the station.
A lot of these haven't worked in 2 or 3 years.

Galactia will be the first SW removed, no doubt. It's in poor condition and generally isn't that popular.
I don’t know what evidence there is to say the ride isn't that popular.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Seen Nemesis and Oblivion walk on lots of times over the years.
Never seen air walk on.

Oblivion and Nemesis are queue eaters. Air always seems such a faff loading. Just an opinion really.

I always feel Air/galactia could and should have been more.

On 3 trains, Galactica is probably more of a queue muncher than Oblivion.

From my experience, Oblivion actually doesn’t have overly high throughput these days; I often see it at only 800-900pph, and on a good day, I think The Smiler matches it. It occasionally hits 1000pph, but I’d say that 800-900pph or 900-1000pph is more common, from my experience.

Galactica, on the other hand, can easily get 1100-1200pph on 3 trains/2 stations, by my reckoning.

Galactica / Air annoys me probably more than any other ride at Towers. This ride could’ve have been (and still could) absolutely beautiful - the original Air concept was sublime with possibly my favourite queue music and station departure “assume the position, now fly!” of any coaster. But, they never finished it. Muddy and un-themed tunnels, the dreadful station tunnel before the lift (that was supposed to have water features, lighting and effects), the wider landscaping, the beautiful views of the car park mid ride, the break run over the mouldy roof of the shipping container train storage etc… Then the abysmal Galactica re-theme which made it stick out in Forbidden Valley even more than the original unfinished theming. Then there’s the operations - it can and should always run on three trains. It’s really sad to see the hate (ok, not hate, more “meh”) that Air gets because of how badly Merlin have looked after it. There’s nothing wrong with the ride at all - but whereas a decent inverted coaster (Nemesis) was made incredible by it’s thematic completeness, Air is a great coaster made to look and feel bland by its absolute half arsed finishing touches and piss poor operations.

A lot of these haven't worked in 2 or 3 years
It makes you wonder what they actually do during the closed season.

Is there a manager or director who checks these things? It feels like they don't even notice or don't think it's important.

Alternatively the issues are more systemic and the issues do get raised but it's Merlin who don't feel it's necessary to provide an OpEx budget to maintain them.

Last edited:
It makes you wonder what they actually do during the closed season.

Is there a manager or director who checks these things? It feels like they don't even notice or don't think it's important.
They have a bender which lasts throughout the closed season and by the time they sober up they find out they wasted many months that could have bee put to good use.

From my experience, Oblivion actually doesn’t have overly high throughput these days; I often see it at only 800-900pph
That's more than 2 mins per dispatch which is unrealistic. It'll dispatch 35-40 times per hour (70-80 shuttles). Its got a similar if not higher throughput than Galactica.

That's more than 2 mins per dispatch which is unrealistic. It'll dispatch 35-40 times per hour (70-80 shuttles). Its got a similar if not higher throughput than Galactica.
You evidently visit a lot more often than I do, so you probably know better, but my numerous throughput timing experiences between 2021 and 2023 would suggest that even when on a full complement of 6 shuttles/2 stations, the ride does very well to get a dual dispatch in less than 2 minutes (i.e. a throughput above 960pph). I have seen it get below 1,000pph a lot more often than I’ve seen it get above 1,000pph, and even when it exceeds 1,000pph, it doesn’t seem to go over it by very much.

From my experience, an average sort of interval for Oblivion on 2 stations is somewhere around 900pph. My experiences would suggest that it’s nearly always beaten by Nemesis on 2 trains (~1,200pph), nearly always beaten by Galactica on 3 trains (~1,100pph), often beaten by Thirteen on 3 trains (~1,050pph) and quite often beaten or at least matched by Wicker Man on 3 trains (~1,000pph).

You evidently visit a lot more often than I do, so you probably know better, but my numerous throughput timing experiences between 2021 and 2023 would suggest that even when on a full complement of 6 shuttles/2 stations, the ride does very well to get a dual dispatch in less than 2 minutes (i.e. a throughput above 960pph). I have seen it get below 1,000pph a lot more often than I’ve seen it get above 1,000pph, and even when it exceeds 1,000pph, it doesn’t seem to go over it by very much.

From my experience, an average sort of interval for Oblivion on 2 stations is somewhere around 900pph. My experiences would suggest that it’s nearly always beaten by Nemesis on 2 trains (~1,200pph), nearly always beaten by Galactica on 3 trains (~1,100pph), often beaten by Thirteen on 3 trains (~1,050pph) and quite often beaten or at least matched by Wicker Man on 3 trains (~1,000pph).
Maybe you catch Oblivion at a bad time then. I timed thirteen on Monday at 1140pph (57 trains) with baggage hold and 52 trains without baggage hold yesterday. So I'd say Thirteen is the only one to consistently go over 1000pph, excluding Nemesis

Last edited: