• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

All the wheels on the bogie are spring loaded aren’t they? Effectively clamping around the rail from all three sides. Maybe the movement you saw were these springs moving as the train navigates a relatively tight turn?

All the wheels on the bogie are spring loaded aren’t they? Effectively clamping around the rail from all three sides. Maybe the movement you saw were these springs moving as the train navigates a relatively tight turn?

As far as I am aware they are not spring loaded. They don't need to be sprong loadee because they are essentially 'clamped' to the track from 3 sides. The bogies move freely when off the rails, so they can't be spring loaded I would have thought.

As far as I am aware they are not spring loaded. They don't need to be sprong loadee because they are essentially 'clamped' to the track from 3 sides. The bogies move freely when off the rails, so they can't be spring loaded I would have thought.
"sprong loadee"...isn't that a Vietnamese death metal band?
They did a song about nemesis I think.
Should have an umlaut in there somewhere.

Since its now the closed season, I thought It'd be interested to discuss weather there will be any work done to Galactica over the closed season, that'd be ranging from a redo for Nemesis, a simple jet wash, or nothing.

It'd be a shame of nothing was done to it. It's in a dire state and needs working on. There were literally plants growing into the station last time I was there, and the grey paint on the rocks were starting to peel off, revealing the old brown-ish colour... and the vinyls were peeling off... and the bridge tunnel- you get what I mean.

I've seen a lot of people online wanting it to be themed to The Phalanx. Hot take here, I don't think that would work. Since we know John Wardley is involved with Nemesis 2.0 I'd be curious to see if he'd want to do something to air. I remember him stating this in the fan made air documentary of airs theme and why they chose that. As quoted:

"The sensation of flight is a very liberating thing, and we decided as where the previous two rides (Nemesis, Oblivion) were villains, this was going to be the hero. It was going to enable you to do something that you really wanted to do (flight). Instead of being dark, and threatening, and gloomy, we wanted to make it in a welcoming manner, and the idea of flying, the colours were going to be sort of a sky blue, silver, and high tech, but non-threatening."

At the least, if anything is gonna happen to Galactica, I sincerely hope it'll stay as its own thing, not related to Nemesis 2.0, and holds a light theme.

Last edited:
Since its now the closed season, I thought It'd be interested to discuss weather there will be any work done to Galactica over the closed season, that'd be ranging from a redo for Nemesis, a simple jet wash, or nothing.

It'd be a shame of nothing was done to it. It's in a dire state and needs working on. There were literally plants growing into the station last time I was there, and the grey paint on the rocks were starting to peel off, revealing the old brown-ish colour... and the vinyls were peeling off... and the bridge tunnel- you get what I mean.

I've seen a lot of people online wanting it to be themed to The Phalanx. Hot take here, I don't think that would work. Since we know John Wardley is involved with Nemesis 2.0 I'd be curious to see if he'd want to do something to air. I remember him stating this in the fan made air documentary of airs theme and why they chose that. As quoted:

"The sensation of flight is a very liberating thing, and we decided as where the previous two rides (Nemesis, Oblivion) were villains, this was going to be the hero. It was going to enable you to do something that you really wanted to do (flight). Instead of being dark, and threatening, and gloomy, we wanted to make it in a welcoming manner, and the idea of flying, the colours were going to be sort of a sky blue, silver, and high tech, but non-threatening."

At the least, if anything is gonna happen to Galactica, I sincerely hope it'll stay as its own thing, not related to Nemesis 2.0, and holds a light theme.
I'll be honest here, I think that Galactica might be made to fit into the Nemesis 2.0. Maybe on subtly, but, I do hope they at least give the ride the TLC it needs on its station and ride structure itself. It is in desperate a need of a jet wash on parts of the track. I mean, maybe if AT wanted, they could try and change the theme slightly from an oasis to more of a hidden grove nestled within FV.

Maybe a cleanup around the ride area. Can't see them completely retheming it to fit into valley within a few months. We'd know by now if something significant was happening

Maybe a cleanup around the ride area. Can't see them completely retheming it to fit into valley within a few months. We'd know by now if something significant was happening
Who knows, although I'd love to see a small retheming of the Air/Galactica area to become a hidden grove, as you said. It'd be hard to pull off within a single off season.

That's a good call. When did they start teasing/advertising Galactica? Was it at the end of 2015, or at the beginning of 2016?

Last edited:
Teaser banners appeared around Air towards the end of 2015, it wasn't confirmed by the park until Jan 2016 though.

However this was very different to any potential changes to Galactica to tie in with Nemesis. In 2016 this was the 'big news' of the season, any changes to Galactica will be to compliment the main event, which is Nemesis 2.0 so I wouldn't expect them to be advertising any changes if they are happening.